SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-03-15, 05:59 PM   #1
metalhead19

Default Cartagena Race Academy

Evening All,

As some may know I went on a 3 day Race academy at Cartagena earlier this month so I thought I'd give it a little write up.

The event was organised through Woolsey Coulter ART (link for anyone interested http://www.woolseycoulterart.co.uk). It ran like a regular track day, with 3 sessions per hour, but with the first morning having the additional session for any that had not ridden on track before or not ridden Cartagena to help break them in gently.

Very laid back atmosphere, plenty of people about (instructors and racers alike) to ask advice or generally chat too about your riding. The instructors would venture out in any of the sessions to observe and offer advice (after all, they can't tell you what you're doing wrong if they can't see what you're doing). They'd pick you up mid session if they wanted to show you different lines or show better technique. Cant fault the instruction offered during the event, helped me get back into the swing of things much faster. (To put that into context, I hadn't been on a track day in 2.5 years and the last one I did, I binned it )

I spent a lot of the event trying to work out how it was different to any normal TD, yes they allowed timing and transponders were provided (but mine didn't work ) but I think it was the atmosphere during the event. Many of the track days I have been on the in the past have felt a little tense, but not this.

The only gripe I have with the event was the inconvenient bike collection/drop off locations for me, but I can't whine too much as to set a collection place out the way just for me would have been daft.

I'd recommend the academy I used and also a Euro track day! Cant wait for the next one!

Few snaps below