SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-09-15, 06:24 PM   #81
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Films I've watched recently...

The original Charlton Heston Planet of the Apes film is excellent, much better than any of the modern films.

Last edited by L3nny; 08-09-15 at 10:01 PM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 09:53 PM   #82
Balky001
Mega Poster

Just watched Hitting the Apex, narrated by Mr Pitt (Brad, not Andrew). Nice Docufilm. Quite sad in some places.
Old 09-09-15, 01:28 PM   #83
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Films I've watched recently...

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter.

Film based on an urban myth, that's based on an urban myth !!!!

This is the story of a sad and lonely Japanese office worker, Kumiko. She watches Fargo, so much the video tape is worn out. Believing that the film is a true story, as stated at the beginning of Fargo, she goes to Fargo in search of the money hidden by the Steve Buschemi character.

The second urban myth, that this is a true story, truth is that a Japanese student committed suicide and was found dead in the woods near Fargo. Media made up a story that she was looking for the hidden money from Fargo following a conversation with a state trooper. This being the second of the urban myths.

Worth a watch, but wouldn't like to say it would be everybody's cup of tea. Peculiar would best describe.

6.7 on IMDB.
Old 09-09-15, 02:57 PM   #84
JulesW

Foxcatcher: The greatest Olympic Wrestling Champion brother team joins Team Foxcatcher led by multimillionaire sponsor John E. du Pont as they train for the 1988 games in Seoul - a union that leads to unlikely circumstances. One to watch 4/5

American Sniper: Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle's pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and turns him into a legend. Back home to his wife and kids after four tours of duty, however, Chris finds that it is the war he can't leave behind. Another decent flick 4/5

Northern Soul: Set in 1974, an authentic and uplifting tale of two friends whose horizons are opened up by the discovery of black American soul music. Entertaining 3/5
Old 09-09-15, 06:05 PM   #85
Trev B

Watched In the name of the father last night,about the Guilford Bombers in the 70s great film 7/10
Old 09-09-15, 07:08 PM   #86
JonSV

Dogville. A strange idea that works well, basically a stage play on film. Excellent performances makes you forget that the set is mainly an empty studio with lines drawn on the floor. Might make you think about how refugees are treated as well. Recommended.
Old 09-09-15, 08:18 PM   #87
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
Straight outta Compton.
Much better than I expected. Being white, middle class and British I could really identify with the characters.
I watched it last week, as it was my era I found it very good, I'd just left school and was in college when rap music started getting popular.
I remember reading about the dramas surrounding NWA over the years so the film refreshed my memory on some matters.
Old 10-09-15, 02:19 AM   #88
Bibio
Mega Poster

just finished watching Jupiter Ascending and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it but i'm a sci-fi fan. ok so its not along the lines of Riddick and so forth but good nonetheless. the night before i watched John Carter (again)
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-15, 08:43 AM   #89
SIII
Mega Poster

Angry Re: Films I've watched recently...

The girl with the dragon tattoo - the daniel craig one. Overall a decent enough flick, watched the original swedish one years ago and think I enjoyed that more.

The main problem with this film is the sound effects and soundtrack. Over intrusive all the way through the film. Soundtrack by trent reznor (sp) of NIN and continually got in the way of the dialogue and had to rewind on numerous occasions to catch what was being said. The sound effects just really got on my nerves, I understand putting in wind effects to reinforce the cold chilly atmosphere, but when they are inside the house !!!! Sat in a cafe in london, all you can hear is the traffic outside, at a train station - the tannoy !!! You get the picture.

Ridiculous and infuriating.
Old 16-09-15, 10:23 AM   #90
SIII
Mega Poster

The Brothers Bloom - a highly entertaining con romp.
A pair of con-men set up complicated scams to rob rich people. Some genuine laugh out loud moments, which are quite rare in cinema comedies. Mark Ruffalo, Adrien Brody & Rachel Weitz. She was Ok, not a great fan of hers but she was OK in this flick. Well cast as the ditzy millionairess. Nice selection of hats.