SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-18, 07:51 PM   #161
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Early morning run again although at the more civilised time of 7am. Just under 8 miles of gorgeous trails, and back home again for breakfast before it got too warm.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1570079924

Have you managed to run this weekend Martin?

**Edit**

Just spotted your Strava log. Good distance and pace there. Looks like a nice run too.

Last edited by garynortheast; 13-05-18 at 09:38 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 09:11 AM   #162
shiftin_gear98

Yeah I managed to get out yesterday morning. As it was my only run for the week I pushed the distance a little 10.2 miles.
I tried the loop I did before that I got really lost on, the one I ended up going through a hedge to get back on track. This time I kept a closer look at my phone for the first few miles. I actually found the path I should have taken before! So the first few miles were a bit slower than they could have been as I kept stopping to check where the hell I was. I sped up on the later section as it's one I have done numerous times before. Plus there were quite a few other runners out there and I couldn't let the side down.

And 7am is just about civilised!
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-18, 07:34 PM   #163
garynortheast
Mega Poster

That was a good long run. How is your ankle holding up then now?

Absolutely sublime run early this morning. Out at 5.30am again under a crystal blue sky and gorgeous, sharply defined scenery. Just glorious, and well worth prising myself out of bed in order to be out there.
Just wish I'd gone to bed a bit earlier last night though as I found the run physically harder than normal.
Tuesday's early morning run

Running with all the youngsters from both families tomorrow after school, and probably another early morning run on Thursday.

We have a Powys Canicross social run at 6.30 on Saturday morning. It'll be at a gentle pace with stops for photos, and between 5 and 7 miles, finished off with coffee and cake for everyone when we get back to the village. Should be good fun.
Old 18-05-18, 08:48 AM   #164
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out for a short, gentle run with Eleri, one of my daughters, on Wednesday. Good to see her getting back into the running again.

Wednesday's run with Eleri.

Out again this morning for a nice early run. Absolutely gorgeous out there! Slightly later start and a shorter distance as we have another run tomorrow morning.

Friday morning early run in the sun

Last edited by garynortheast; 18-05-18 at 09:27 AM.
Old 19-05-18, 08:57 PM   #165
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Great social run at 6.30 this morning with a couple of the other members of Powys Canicross. Just under 7 miles in beautiful sunshine and glorious scenery. I do love running and walking around here.

Saturday social run with Powys Canicross
Old 20-05-18, 05:46 PM   #166
shiftin_gear98

I got out on Friday after work , however it was too hot and there were way too many flies. Swollowing one didn't help either. Not great when you can feel it in the back of your throat. Thankfully I had a drink with me. Got out again this morning, a much nicer run. No flies! 9.7 miles. According to Strava I set a new 5k, 10k, and 15k personal best. Not too shabby then. Spent this afternoon at Nuclear Races. Alas I wasn't running, the kids all did though. They all did brilliantly. I'm definitely doing it either in Sept or next year. Looked great fun. Think I might really push myself and try the 12k event.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 20-05-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 20-05-18, 07:12 PM   #167
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Mornings are definitely the best time. I love the fresh feel at that time of the day, everything seems sort of unspoilt and new.

Brilliant, well done on the PBs. I've never set 3 in one day like that! Well done to the kids as well.

What are the Nuclear Races?
Old 20-05-18, 07:20 PM   #168
garynortheast
Mega Poster

OK, just found the website. Don't fancy that at all! I'm afraid I'm a bit of a running puritan!
Old 20-05-18, 07:50 PM   #169
shiftin_gear98

I figured I should at least give it a go as it's only 20 odd minutes away. Did look pretty good exercise. They all looked shattered as well as covered in mud from head to toe!
Old 20-05-18, 10:42 PM   #170
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

A mixture of too much caffeine, not having work tomorrow and it being way too hot to sleep anyway, made me just go for my first run of the year. Only did 1.5 miles so I don't knacker my muscles. Feels good though. I need to start getting out regularly
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote