SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 31-12-19, 06:03 PM   #301
yokohama

Default Re: The all new slap bang up to date photo of the day 2019!

I think I'd go Fuji or Olympus. For Fuji, the IQ and colours straight out of the camera are better than the sony and the lenses are supposedly superior, but not cheap. I like dials too, reminiscent of old film cameras; the Fuji XT2 is a nice example of this and feels good in the hand.
Olympus is good if you want something more compact - EM10 or the very sexy Pen F - more dials! There are some good deals around on EM10 mark 2s with lenses bundled in. The new version of the EM5 is very well reviewed; big improvements on the previous version and much slimmed down but I haven't seen one of these yet either.
The biggest bonus of the Olympus system is the lens range - a wider choice and more reasonably priced than other manufacturers and of course, all the Panasonic M43 lenses fit too.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-19, 06:21 PM   #302
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I think I'd go Fuji or Olympus. For Fuji, the IQ and colours straight out of the camera are better than the sony and the lenses are supposedly superior, but not cheap. I like dials too, reminiscent of old film cameras; the Fuji XT2 is a nice example of this and feels good in the hand.
Olympus is good if you want something more compact - EM10 or the very sexy Pen F - more dials! There are some good deals around on EM10 mark 2s with lenses bundled in. The new version of the EM5 is very well reviewed; big improvements on the previous version and much slimmed down but I haven't seen one of these yet either.
The biggest bonus of the Olympus system is the lens range - a wider choice and more reasonably priced than other manufacturers and of course, all the Panasonic M43 lenses fit too.
With Fuji you get two standards of lens, the cheaper xc range and the dearer xf. I think the xf also has an aperture ring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 31-12-19, 11:01 PM   #303
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

If I go Olympus I'd be going for the M5 mk3 body as it is the right balance between features and weight. I'd be going for the 14-40 and 40-150 Pro lenses if I like the feel of it. The Fuji has the lovely dials, it's true, which I really like. But I also really like the Sony AF technology and their G lenses are very nice.
Old 01-01-20, 04:44 PM   #304
yokohama

The Oly 40-150 pro is a huge, heavy thing though. Not exactly a walk around lens at 750g though. I just upgraded my panasonic 40-150 to the 35-100 f2.8 (Panny equivalent pro version) which I think is much more practical. I haven't tested it out yet.
The Oly 14-40 pro is meant to be very good. I'm saving up for one of those next
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote