SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-11-16, 08:53 PM   #61
Fordward

Default Re: Involved in an accident- Advice needed please

Everything you did is fine. The only thing that caused confusion was a bit of a dodgy drawing, which made it look as if what you'd done might not be fine.

If you look back at my posts on this thread you will notice that they are discussing the two scenarios and asking for clarification, not making a judgement on which one was actually the case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 29-11-16, 08:57 PM   #62
Emankiwi

No problem, wasn't sure if you are discussing the second picture, but would definitely agree with you that on the Last pic that you posted the bike would have been at fault. Thanks for your help @Fordward
Old 29-11-16, 09:00 PM   #63
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emankiwi View Post
No problem, wasn't sure if you are discussing the second picture, but would definitely agree with you that on the Last pic that you posted the bike would have been at fault. Thanks for your help @Fordward
Yep, I drew it as a hypothetical scenario to try to get 650 to understand why the bike COULD be at fault in this accident as he/she was saying it was crystal clear the cars fault whatever happened.

Old 30-11-16, 08:21 AM   #64
Blapper

Yes, taking 650's approach to it's logical conclusion, it would be like saying the first person to enter a roundabout can do no wrong.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-16, 09:04 AM   #65
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emankiwi View Post
Are you saying that I should have been in the outside lane ? Or that I should have been going slow enough to be able to stop in less than 4 metres? Because when he came out travailng at about 20 miles per hour I barely saw him before he hit me. I am glad that he was a nice person and accepted liability at the spot and later was very helpful. From the damage to my bike you can clearly see who's at fault.
He's talking ****. Ignore.
Old 30-11-16, 09:08 AM   #66
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
Yep, I drew it as a hypothetical scenario to try to get 650 to understand why the bike COULD be at fault in this accident as he/she was saying it was crystal clear the cars fault whatever happened.

That's just the point, you're going off on ridiculous, irrelevant scenarios - your pretty little picture serves no purpose as that's not what happened here. Even if it WAS what happened, the car would still be at fault, assumption is dangerous.

Have you ever been anywhere near the insurance industry? I spent the best part of 5 years (up til February this year) sitting next to approximately 15 claims adjusters, this kind of nonsense came across their desk on an obscenely regular basis, the person turning right at a roundabout always won out or got at most 25% of the blame. Even then, it was down to situations where witness statements caused contradictions and physical evidence made it almost impossible to work out!
Old 30-11-16, 09:23 AM   #67
Fordward

What an arrogant w***nker to post that somebody's talking **** while hiding behind a keyboard.

I post something to help the OP, the OP is happy and agrees with what I've posted, so what is the point in 650 coming along as of post #46 and starting an argument?

The thread was looked at by a motoring lawyer I was drinking with at the time I first posted and he agrees with me completely, as does everyone else on this thread except 650.

I've nothing else to say here the OP has had the advice he needed and the thread has run its course.

Last edited by Fordward; 30-11-16 at 09:30 AM.
Old 30-11-16, 12:31 PM   #68
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
What an arrogant w***nker to post that somebody's talking **** while hiding behind a keyboard.

I post something to help the OP, the OP is happy and agrees with what I've posted, so what is the point in 650 coming along as of post #46 and starting an argument?

The thread was looked at by a motoring lawyer I was drinking with at the time I first posted and he agrees with me completely, as does everyone else on this thread except 650.

I've nothing else to say here the OP has had the advice he needed and the thread has run its course.

Yawn. HAHA...motoring lawyer.

Yeah, alright
Old 30-11-16, 07:32 PM   #69
tom_e

At the end of the day it makes absolutely no difference what a forum full of randoms decide. The insurance company will make up their own minds.
I'm not even sure why it's been discussed this much!

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-16, 08:00 PM   #70
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

If you want to make love or have a fight,get a room.
Lets keep it civil eh?