SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 11-03-10, 02:32 PM   #1301
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Many many congratulations Mr & Mrs Skip, a boy that's cool
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 08:07 PM   #1302
Sean_C

Well done, you did well to get all the parts in the right places considering you're from norfolk!
Old 11-03-10, 08:09 PM   #1303
Mighty Boosh

Gorgeous.

Most jealous.
Old 11-03-10, 10:09 PM   #1304
kellyjo

Just a thought skip (whilst you're on a happiness high and likely to say yes), it'd be a shame for your bike to spend the summer seizing up in your garage while you're busy changing nappies, especially now you've done all that work to it - so hows about i borrow it for the summer to keep it run in for you? Its not that id really like to ride a thou () i just thought it might help you out a bit you know
Old 11-03-10, 10:21 PM   #1305
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Well done, you did well to get all the parts in the right places considering you're from norfolk!
Not bad going eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Just a thought skip (whilst you're on a happiness high and likely to say yes), it'd be a shame for your bike to spend the summer seizing up in your garage while you're busy changing nappies, especially now you've done all that work to it - so hows about i borrow it for the summer to keep it run in for you? Its not that id really like to ride a thou () i just thought it might help you out a bit you know
Errrrrr let me think about that - no! I have already decided if things get that bad I will just use it for work to get some use out of it - there is a route thats not too bad I can take
Old 11-03-10, 10:35 PM   #1306
svrich

There's nothing wrong with Norfolk people. We can count up to 24 using our toes and fingers! Beat that.
Mini Skip looks brilliant. He also looks like he'll be keeping you both on your toes for some time to come Congratulations again to you both.
Old 12-03-10, 04:11 PM   #1307
kellyjo

Just received the replacement reg/rec from the useless ebay seller who sent me the wrong one, at least this one is the correct size with the correct wires so fingers crossed it'll be fine, though i might not get chance to fit it til tomorrow.
The cheeky guy put a 'free' oil filter in with the parcel as a gesture but i dont see it as free cos it cost me an extra £5.40 to return the wrong reg/rec!! I don't need an oil filter mines just been changed, but i could really do with the £5.40
Old 12-03-10, 05:25 PM   #1308
Iansv II

Hope it works Kelly
Old 12-03-10, 06:26 PM   #1309
kellyjo

It WILL work cos it has too

We're off to spend Easter weekend in Darlington with my sister and plan to ride the Yorkshire Moors and Dales, a trip to Whitby for chips and hopefully over to the Lake District too, taking my optimiser isnt really going to work so im hoping this will solve all the starting problems the bikes had.
I checked VERY carefully and the battery and alternator are working fine so as far as i can tell this has to be the solution. Fingers crossed!!

If you see my avatar followed by rows of *****'s tomoroow, you'll know it hasn't worked

Are you mechanically minded Ian, would be good to have someone up the road who knows what they're doing?
Old 12-03-10, 06:27 PM   #1310
speedplay

"problem exists between seat and bars.."