SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 09-03-11, 02:17 PM   #3041
Rob969

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

If anyone has a day off next week and would like a rideout let me know i've got the mother in law visiting all next week so any excuse to get out on the bike would be good
Old 09-03-11, 03:54 PM   #3042
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I finish work end of this week until I decide to start again....babies and contracting don't fit well! But (famous last words)......the baby isn't here yet so I may well have some free time

Sods law says when next week arrives and there is lovely weather the baby will decide to grace us with it's presence....

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 09-03-11 at 03:58 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 03:59 PM   #3043
Mighty Boosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
Anyone stuck fenda extendas on an SV without using screws? I am thinking if I fit it on with the fender removed I should be able to just stick it on good with the sticky sponge strips it comes with and some silicon adhesive in between the surfaces and strips? Or would some araldite or similar be a better choice?

I would sooner not use screws if I don't have to....what do you guys think?

I stuck mine on with some double sided sticky foam tape I got for free (sample)from Maplin.

Sprayed it first so it matches the bike, yeah, yeah I know colour match fail.

Didn't take the fender off, couldn't be bothered to.

Been on for a good few thousand miles and hasn't fallen off "yet".

Old 09-03-11, 04:49 PM   #3044
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Very nice and without even taking off the fender...that grey/silver is a lot closer to your bike colour than the standard black that's for sure!

My extenda is fitted to the fender off the bike right now, did it in my "lunch hour"

I used "shower, bathroom and kitchen advanced sealant" in the end. I've used it for gluing rocks and decor in my fish tanks before now, so I know it's better than normal silicon and is very very good with water...but it's still white so I hope I don't have a mess when I take the masking tape off tomorrow Should be fine!

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 09-03-11 at 05:11 PM.
Old 13-03-11, 08:34 AM   #3045
kellyjo

Morning!!!!

Im a happy girlie My lovely Jeff wants to buy me a bike for my 100th birthday whch is rapidly approaching

Hes gonna have max £1300 to spend so if anyone sees anything worth looking at then let me know. Skip, if you fancy dropping your price to give it a loving home pm me Only problem is that it cant all be cash, but hopefully most people would accept payment via paypal, do you think? Have been looking at ebay and gumtree and theres a few possibilities gsxr600 srad, cbr600f, the usual stuff!!!

Im seeing my neurosurgeon next week, and hopefully he'll get my surgery sorted so i might even be able to see well enough to ride it, and not just have it in the garage to be cleaned!!!

Last edited by kellyjo; 13-03-11 at 09:03 AM.
Old 13-03-11, 01:53 PM   #3046
Iansv II

Old 13-03-11, 01:56 PM   #3047
Rob969

Old 13-03-11, 02:53 PM   #3048
kellyjo

Oi cheeky git, not a drop has passed my lips.

Besides, you're not gonna upset me cos im going to look at this tomorrow http://luton.gumtree.com/luton/40/75126640.html
Old 13-03-11, 03:00 PM   #3049
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Nice CBR that...custom shock on it too? Not sure what they came with as standard?

Triumph and Suzuki owner
Old 13-03-11, 03:27 PM   #3050
Gordon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
Nice CBR that...custom shock on it too? Not sure what they came with as standard?
No shock looks standard to me,
Make sure you check the frame and look for rust at the joins,surface rust is ok but any more can mean the bike has been down. The frames are painted steel and the frames can be bent back into shape after a accident but this cracks the paint at these points.Panels should line up spot on on the front of these CBR's, if they don't check for bent fairing stays.
Make sure the bike is stone cold and listen for a camchain rattle which should go as the bike warms up as the tensioners can stick,Easy fix but a good bargaining point.
One more thing is you must get a test ride and rev hard in second as second gear has been a weak point on bikes used hard. Cluncky is normal but if if drops out of gear as you accelerate then it is agearbox stripdown.
Apart from that these are good bikes, my wife has had 3 of these and loved them all.
That all sounds bad reading that back but these are some of the best and most reliable bikes ever made and that looks like a good one.
Just make sure it has a uk spec headlight.
Hope that all helps and sorry if you knew all that allready.
Good luck

P.S> you know that it is not a sport as in the title as the sport is a ally framed later bike than the f which this one is.

Last edited by Gordon72; 13-03-11 at 03:29 PM. Reason: saw the title of the ad