SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-07-14, 06:24 AM   #1
davepreston

Default Lancashire Constabulary are a fecking joke

RANT
thank you LC yet again you failed to be of any use what so ever, its is farce that they call themselves a viable service to aid the public
in my few interactions with these muppets I have repeatedly bewildered by their incompetence , lack of care or respect, failure to carry out their duty and general uselessness
a quick overview
1/ hit by drunk driver as pedestrian / couldn't be arsed to attend or follow up, I was laid up for 14 months due to injuries
2/ I was arrested and thrown about when fully complying after being assaulted by 3 guys when I had a broken collar bone arm in a sling just because I won, even with 15 witness on scene ( I was sober btw)
3/ motorcycle nicked details taken and told that was it ,2nd bike attempted to be stolen 1 caught and to much effort to try to lift the other two
4/ wife hit by car on push bike driver fecked off / told they wouldn't investigate just put it in their stats
5/ 3 calls over 5hrs ref mass racquet across the road between 12 and 5am again couldn't be arsed to attend, but when I said i'll go deal with it operator starts interrogating me (badly)

so thank you seriously, you've turned a pro police person into an angry anti police and from now on unhelpful citizen

if they cant be arsed then I can be arsed with them, I will deal with things on my own and let the cards fall where they may, and they next time the need any help from me their on their own
Old 26-07-14, 06:33 AM   #2
Kenzie

Default Re: Lancashire Constabulary are a fecking joke

I know what you mean. I had my car broken into a few years ago. They caught them actually IN the car after they had done over four others and one of the owners called the Police. They then said there wasn't enough evidence!
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 06:58 AM   #3
Stuart42

A mate a few years ago had his XR400 stolen from outside his house.

Police called and witness identified the person walking it down the road. Police weren't surprised as this scrot was known for being involved in nearly all vehicle crimes in the area, even told my mate where the remains of his bike were likely to be as he always dumped them in same place, sure enough there it was, well the remains were.

Then he got a call to say CPS didn't think worth following up.

But to top it all the police asked my mate if he would like to be a volunteer and help the community in some way.

Beat the living ****e out of the thief I hear you cry? No become an appropriate adult.

Can't believe the bare faced cheek of them!

I think the CPS now think,like thieves do, well it's insured so no real crime, compared to cost of court, lawyers, prison, police, CPS etc etc.

Finiest legal system in the world don't you know?
Stuart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 08:16 AM   #4
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
RANT......
Much as I would like to have been able to leap to the defense of my colleagues.........I can't.

What really annoys me is that senior police officers continue to follow the party line and tell the media that the massive cuts in their budgets have had no impact on "front line policing" when it is so obvious to everybody and anybody that has anything to do with the sharp end that it has!

On my patch I regularly found myself on nights with only four officers (that's two double crewed patrol cars) to cover an area which includes several significant towns with a combined population of over 200,000 people. The final straw was one night when one of the cars had to take a drunk prisoner to hospital (we aren't allowed to put drunks in cells anymore), and the other was tucked up waiting their turn to book another prisoner into custody (at a police station 20 miles away because ours was full). I asked our control if they could find me another patrol just in case we had an urgent call to be told that there were none available anywhere in our county, so basically I was on my own.

And you wonder why we don't come and deal with the 20 drunks having the noisy party opposite your house...?

Guys, I'm thick enough skinned to pretty much ignore any digs at police officers. Sure, a few of them are a complete waste of time and I am as motivated as you are to get shot of them, but the vast majority are just trying to do the best they can with what they have, and I promise you they cannot, and will not, do their job without you to help.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 01:57 PM   #5
davepreston

Red mate , if you even check back on these pages I used to be the first to defend the "working bobby" unfortunately the standard of the rank and file officer has fallen significantly, I grew up within the police family , both my parents did the job and enough aunts ,uncles, grandparents etc to refer to it as the family business , so believe me when I say if someone like me has got to this stage there is a major issue within this force,

The police service has always had the yes men at the top (most likely how they got there) and I am fully aware how bad the staffing levels are again any phone call to family or friends it gets a mention. this is a known problem , one that does need addressing but like you I would guess don't see that happening any time soon,

But its not just that, as to what I eluded to earlier , I have found the calibre of working officer to be far more lacking than im used to, I can hear you already, lack of man power, new directives and targets send from them upstairs, unrealistic expectations of higher ranks and the general public, and yes this does account for some of the failings, I even take serious demotivation and jadedness into the equation.

All in all I still come out at the continued fall of basic standards, empathy and professionalism of intake into this current service, the recruitment parameters are obviously way off, and don't get me started on the use and increasing powers of none qualified civilian employees , I think you will even agree that in essence the job has been strip mined.

But alas all of the above still comes to the same conclusion, the police have become a waste of my time and effort, and I see no point in assisting them when they don't assist me, I have tried to repeatedly to give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse their fallings but I cant justify it any long, whats the definition of insanity , doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result

Hopefully you will see that everything ive said has a bases and all of it is a reasoned summation of my experience with this force , and if you have the time I would love to hear your perspective on my points
unfortunately I think we both know that they have now burnt their bridges with me and anything short of an act of god is unlikely to re-engraceiate them to me

DP

Last edited by davepreston; 26-07-14 at 02:01 PM.
Old 26-07-14, 03:07 PM   #6
thefallenangel

I think I will agree it's numbers. I see £200 a year in council tax go to the police and when i have needed them on 3 occasions they haven't been there. So why should I pay police wages when they don't turn up? I dont pay for my goods when they don't turn up or other services so why should I pay police? Same with people for any emergency service or utility unless an emergency has happened (Severe weather etc . . ) then why should i pay for my service if it isn't provided on a day to day basis which working for a utility company is more than likely to happen now then ever with these extremely stupid budget cuts.
Old 26-07-14, 03:32 PM   #7
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:

But its not just that, as to what I eluded to earlier , I have found the calibre of working officer to be far more lacking than im used to...
If you cut peoples pay, increase paper shuffling, and mess up the career ladder what's going to happen??

As soon as the economy picks up most of the best people are going to leave. I think that's what you're seeing...

Keith.

Last edited by keith_d; 26-07-14 at 03:36 PM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 03:36 PM   #8
orose

I think in your situation, I'd be looking to write a nastygram to the PCC for the area with the aim of getting a face-to-face meeting. It sounds like you're definitely getting the short end of the stick for some reason, and I'd want to know why.

Either that, or you could leave the hellhole and join us on the civilised side of the pennines - South Yorks are very bike-friendly at the moment
Old 26-07-14, 03:44 PM   #9
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
.... and if you have the time I would love to hear your perspective on my points ....
I definitely have the time.....unfortunately you wouldn't need much of it as I just about agree with everything you said.

Keith_d pretty much summed it up except nobody is waiting for any economy to improve.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 05:06 PM   #10
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post

Either that, or you could leave the hellhole and join us on the civilised side of the pennines - South Yorks are very bike-friendly at the moment

Tell that to the tunc sat in his mobile speed van in a dip in the road on the A59 near Harrogate last Sunday night at nearly 9.00pm. Hardly another vehicle on the road and the 2@ popped me for speeding, received the nip two days later.

Now that's what I call policing, pity that plod didn't even bother contacting me for six weeks after I had a tractor nicked at the end of last year.

Seems me being legit means they can just sit on their ar5es and fill in the forms to tick their boxes, whilst pikey pete the tractor thief can just feckin get on with it.

Cynical? Me? You betcha
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote