SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-03-15, 12:20 AM   #1
embee
Mega Poster

Default Considering voting Green?

This is what they think of us.

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/tr.html
Motorcycles

TR320 Smaller, low powered motorcycles are generally preferable to cars (especially those with a single occupant) as they take up less road space and are more economic consumers of fuel. However, the Green Party does not wish to see increased use of motorcycles because they emit pollution and noise and can endanger road users. The aim is to encourage much less use of high powered machines and for low powered machines to offer an alternative for those who currently use these or cars and could not transfer to more sustainable modes.
TR321 The Green Party would take measures to encourage a transfer of motor cycle manufacture and use from larger, powerful machines to less powerful ones including scooters and mopeds. These would include setting and enforcing strict noise limits and, for higher powered machines, speed limiters.
TR322 For the safety of other users, the Green Party does not feel it appropriate for motorcyclists to be able to use any priority measures put in for pedestrians and cyclists, including those shared with public transport.
Old 02-03-15, 12:37 AM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Considering voting Green?

of course they are going to say that.. after all they are the green party. what they say and what they do if they ever were to gain power are two different things altogether.

i'm fed up with the 3 main (conservative, Labour and Libdems) political party's and i personally think its time for someone else to have a go like UKIP.

lets take a recap of recent years. Labour had a go at almost bankrupting us then the cons and dems got together to take power even tough the majority of the public voted for Labour. now the country is completely up shizz street because of the big 3. but the public keep voting for them......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 05:54 PM   #3
Balky001
Mega Poster

I don't think any party will be promoting more super sport use tbh.
Old 02-03-15, 06:14 PM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
TR322 For the safety of other users, the Green Party does not feel it appropriate for motorcyclists to be able to use any priority measures put in for pedestrians and cyclists, including those shared with public transport.
Even though the pilot schemes say it makes life better overall for everyone concerned.

Cnuts!
Old 02-03-15, 06:29 PM   #5
figaro

This is doing the rounds on the internet, but I'm afraid it's a good decade old.
Old 02-03-15, 06:32 PM   #6
orose

figaro: You say that, but MAGs national chairman checked (in disbelief) - it's still current policy, so worth spreading.
Old 02-03-15, 06:43 PM   #7
figaro

Pretty immaterial anyway, I reckon. Anyone with even a passing interest in motoring or motorsport is highly unlikely to vote green.
Old 02-03-15, 07:18 PM   #8
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Lets be honest if you were to read every parties full manifest you wouldn't vote for any of them... Then again which party have ever actually kept to their manifesto once they've got into power?

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 07:54 PM   #9
Amadeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Lets be honest if you were to read every parties full manifest you wouldn't vote for any of them... Then again which party have ever actually kept to their manifesto once they've got into power?
Are you suggesting that we read all the manifestos and vote for the party whose manifesto we most disagree with, on the belief that they'll do the opposite of what they say?
Old 02-03-15, 08:05 PM   #10
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Got it in one LOL!!! Weirdest thing of all is I voted NO for Independence but I'm almost tempted to vote for the Tartan Tories in the next election. Maybe safe in knowledge that my vote will make no difference in my area, dead donkeys with a red rosette will win...

I even had Dr Greg McClymont at my door a few weeks ago and I told him that I'd put as much effort into voting for him as he did when I emailed him two years ago... No effort at all, ironic when I emailed him about my pension and he was and still is the shadow minister for pensions...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote