SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 10-03-18, 09:06 PM   #4831
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I was just lucky to get that I think. Not as many good deals around on Gumtree as there were a couple of years ago.
I want to try them both out and see how they do. If I let one go, you can have it for cost.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 10:05 PM   #4832
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Got some pics back today. Didn't seem to take anything interesting with the Contessa, the Kiev yielded a number of good ones (the swing pics all came out), and half way through the roll I swapped for the Zeiss lens on my Contax with a small balsam separation spot, but you can't tell. Not terribly impressed with the ones from the Selfix 820. My scanner isn't very good (see below) but none are crystal clear, my 35mm ones are better, and it varies a bit which makes me wonder about film flatness - I tried to stick to f8 and up if I could. There is a little vignetting as well - I thought the Ross Xpres was a very sharp lens, maybe it's not all that - I held out for something better than a Cooke triplet because of the size of the negatives. It's a pig to use as well, so it's one I'll be selling. It's fully working and it super condition so will see if I can wring some money out of the ebayers! Shame, but I tried.
Mill Dam, Tickhill by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
War Memorial, Tickhill St. Mary's churchyard by John Rodriguez, on Flickr

Last edited by johnnyrod; 10-03-18 at 10:06 PM.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 12:19 PM   #4833
Kenzie

Is the second shot the Selfix? I think it looks OK, old timey. I think you prefer sharper photos. I had a rummage at the car boot today and found this battered XD5, got it for £4. Has a nasty crack on the right side but its functional.

I also found a Lowepro Nova AW1 case for £3 and a Polaroid Pogo Zink printer for £3 but it doesn't have a charge so I cannot test it. Heads up on the FM would be cool Yoko, I reckon you will get on better with the split screen focusing.

Last edited by Kenzie; 11-03-18 at 12:22 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 02:36 PM   #4834
Kenzie

Just found this tucked away, Polaroid 320 kit with flash. Bellows seem light tight and the shutter works. Thankfully a 3V version so will be easier to mod.

Old 11-03-18, 07:37 PM   #4835
yokohama

Nice find on the Minolta. The XD shutter is a lovely thing. Hope it works OK and you can always keep an eye out for an XD5/XD7 donor top plate.
Old 11-03-18, 08:21 PM   #4836
Kenzie

It's ok, it seems to have a slight lag between pressing the shutter button and it tripping the shutter. Apparently this is normal for the XD5. I'll keep an eye out for a top pkate, it needs leather as well.
Old 11-03-18, 08:39 PM   #4837
yokohama

I got my blue from Aki Asashi. Ordered for an XD7, which is the same size
Old 11-03-18, 09:25 PM   #4838
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yep both with the Selfix. If you see the prints in the flesh it's much more apparent. The B&W are sharper too than the colour. I was looking again at them all last night, the Tessar lenses aren't bad but the Jupiter 8/Zeiss Sonnar and newer SLR lenses, along with some Japanese RFs with multi-group lenses are much more forgiving and seem to give me consistently better pictures. I have some good ones with Tessars but for them to be really crisp they still need a fair bit of stopping down. Ergonomically though the Contessa/Contessamats are great, and much smaller than the Japanese ones I have (Konica S etc)
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 08:39 PM   #4839
Kenzie

Functional MV1 with very retro strap! I replaced the homemade rewind crank with one from an ME Super.

Old 15-03-18, 07:03 PM   #4840
Kenzie

Got a Kodak Duex in a job lot