SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 02-02-07, 09:49 PM   #31
Red ones
Mega Poster

11,500 miles now and I have lost confidence in the rear. The rear is badly squared and has spun up twice this week so it's days are numbered.

I was shocked at prices though. Last April I was charged £186 for a pair of Z6, tonight I was quoted (by the same place) £216, and one place even quoted £262 fully fitted. In the US the "tires" are £106 loose. What is going on?? Lets blame exchange rates shall we???

I can't find anywhere that can do Z6s for much less than £170 per pair (loose) in this country, so I may as well go and pay the £216 fitted and be done.

You may gather that because I am looking for another pair of Z6s that I liked them. 11,500 miles has been impresive for someone who lives on the motorway, just guess I need to extend the mortgage!!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 09:55 PM   #32
furrybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones
11,500 miles now and I have lost confidence in the rear. The rear is badly squared and has spun up twice this week so it's days are numbered.

I was shocked at prices though. Last April I was charged £186 for a pair of Z6, tonight I was quoted (by the same place) £216, and one place even quoted £262 fully fitted. In the US the "tires" are £106 loose. What is going on?? Lets blame exchange rates shall we???

I can't find anywhere that can do Z6s for much less than £170 per pair (loose) in this country, so I may as well go and pay the £216 fitted and be done.

You may gather that because I am looking for another pair of Z6s that I liked them. 11,500 miles has been impresive for someone who lives on the motorway, just guess I need to extend the mortgage!!
There is a place local to me that will do them for £159 on loose wheels. The saving would pay for the petrol and I'll give you a brew
Old 02-02-07, 09:58 PM   #33
Red ones
Mega Poster

Thanks for the offer of a brew - I would need it - it's a 300 mile round trip!! (that's £30 in petrol and the new tyres would be half worn on my return!!)
Old 02-02-07, 10:02 PM   #34
Grinch

No one mentioned Conti Road attacks?

Got 8k out of mine before that nail ruined them, still recon it had loads of life in it.

The new ones done 4k so far (will check the wear tomorrow), with the front being a Metzeler Sportec M1 on 9.5k now and looking like its going to need a swap soon. The M1 on the rear only lasted 5 and half k...
Old 02-02-07, 10:26 PM   #35
Red ones
Mega Poster

Nice tip Grinchy - they should be about £170 fitted
Old 02-02-07, 10:27 PM   #36
Law

Mail order them. SMD tyres posted me a pair of conti road attacks for £138. You need to budget for taking them to be fitted though but it'll still work out cheaper.

Don't know if they do Z6's and how much they will be but Pirelli Strada's (almost the same tyre) are around £159 - I'm getting the prices off an old issue of Ride. Check other companies for their prices.
Old 02-02-07, 10:29 PM   #37
Red ones
Mega Poster

If I get a garage to fit tyres that I supply, what am I looking at for a charge?
Old 02-02-07, 10:32 PM   #38
Law

Quote:
If I get a garage to fit tyres that I supply, what am I looking at for a charge?
Ring round a few to get the cheapest price, I couldn't be bothered to and will get my dealer to change them at my service. £20 per wheel when I take my bike in.
Old 02-02-07, 11:06 PM   #39
furrybean

The place near me charges a tenner per wheel,

If your looking for loose wheel prices I saw this guy on ebay

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RoundAndBlack

Seems pretty cheap
Old 03-02-07, 02:04 PM   #40
Grinch

Quote:
Nice tip Grinchy - they should be about £170 fitted
No problems, just checked mine and they have loads of wear. Even the words 'Road attack' are still readable.

If you look at this pic you'll see what I mean...

More info here : ContiRoad Attack