SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-07-07, 03:29 PM   #1
Lozzo

Default What's an SV pointy front end worth?

Sooner or later I'll be putting a Gixer K3/4 USD front end in my SV. How much would the complete front end of my bike be worth in immaculate condition and mudguard painted to colour of buyer's choice? I've got to offset the cost of the new bits by selling what's already on the bike.

We're talking about perfect forks with zero corrosion, silver front wheel with good tyre, spindle and spacer, speedo drive, calipers, brake lines, bottom yoke, S or N top yokes, LSL high clip-ons or black standard shape N bars, mudguard, headlight with scraped rim, good headlight shell, one good head light bracket ear (other has a small scuff), headlight brackets that attach to forks, master cylinder from either N or S models with new lever, clutch perch with mirror mount and new lever from N model.
Old 11-07-07, 03:33 PM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: What's an SV pointy front end worth?

I'd look on e-bay if I was you, see what they go for. I was thinking of selling my curvy front end to get money for my bits but that means a bike off the road.

Last edited by Grinch; 11-07-07 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-07-07, 03:36 PM   #3
Lozzo

Can't find any
Old 11-07-07, 05:27 PM   #4
John 675

Smile Re: What's an SV pointy front end worth?

it depends on what the condition is like, either sell it, (but id be looking at a good price on the forks including the stantions alone if i was selling them . . . i got robbed at my dealer when i binned mine) . . or simply keep them for spairs incase you have an off
Old 11-07-07, 05:50 PM   #5
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
it depends on what the condition is like, either sell it, (but id be looking at a good price on the forks including the stantions alone if i was selling them . . . i got robbed at my dealer when i binned mine) . . or simply keep them for spairs incase you have an off
They're absolutely spotless, no pitting, good chrome, straight and I'm having the lower sliders repainted in silver 2-pack because the finish isn't as good as I'd like. They will be like brand new.

I doubt I'll want to put a set of stock ones back in if I bin it, I'll find replacement Gixer ones.
Old 11-07-07, 09:10 PM   #6
kwak zzr

sv forks fetch top dollar, i got a rough set from a breakers for £150.
Old 11-07-07, 09:16 PM   #7
BILLY

If you do it right your front end conversion will cost you nothing!! Sell the parts separately you will get more money for them than selling it as a complete front end!
Old 11-07-07, 09:24 PM   #8
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY View Post
If you do it right your front end conversion will cost you nothing!! Sell the parts separately you will get more money for them than selling it as a complete front end!
This is the plan. I'm not keen on spending extra money for a couple of reasons:

A) I'm a dole bludging, tax dodging scrounger.
B) I'm naturally tight.