SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-10-13, 10:18 PM   #1
atassiedevil

Default Raptor 2 fairing on naked Curvy.

So, i was getting fed up of neck and shoulder ache at 60+ due to riding a naked curvy, so i bit the bullet after doing some research, on the cheap raptor 2 fairings you can get on ebay.
So, we started with this.....

First step was to take off the headlamp bowl Unscrew the 2 x 13mm bolts.

Keep the two bolts, you'll need them later.

Unscrew these two screws, to separate the bowl, then disconnect all the connectors. There's a 3rd bolt underneath (8mm) you'll need to remove as well, then stick the bowl to one side.

You should now have a bundle of wires, and be scratching your head wondering where to go next.

Plug all the connectors back together, they will only go one way. We're keeping the indicators as is for now, and using the ones on the bike.

You will need to make a small loom up. 3 small spade female connectors to 3 large spade males. These will go between the SV headlight plug and the the Raptor 2 headlights. Use a multimeter to check your voltages and the raptor light earth is black, low beam is green, and high beam is white.

I have not connected the integrated indicators yet, as i will be using them as running lights. (I'll also need to fashion a sidelight as this unit does not have one)

I initially tried to use the indicator mounting bolts, but it was too much of a stretch. Pointy owners will have more flexibility of how high to mount the fairing due to there not being a rev counter poking out the side.

I added the enclosed brackets like so, and fashioned some 1/2 inch spacers out of some hose.

Mount the fairing up using the original headlamp bolts and your hose spacers, and tighten up, adjusting headlamp aim til you're satisfied.

End result....

End result, able to tour at 70-80 without too much wind on your chest.
i'm 5ft 8 with quite a long body, so this should also help taller riders.

Total cost - 3 hrs working it all out, and £40 for the fairing.

Fairly close colour match too.

C.
Old 02-10-13, 10:37 PM   #2
Dan505

Default Re: Raptor 2 fairing, fitting

Good effort, go for pointy clocks and more room to position it better/higher