SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 02-06-09, 12:38 PM   #1
Brettus

Default Lunchtime Hoon

I couldn't resist today, I'd sat in the cool office all morning but every time I walk outside I wish I was on the bike.
I decided to nip out for a short ride, was only 20 minutes round local back lanes but after stubbying my exhaust I hadn't really had a play ride, I'm quite considerate on my way to work, idling through the local villages on my way etc. but it was quite an uninhabited route so I let it rev on back to work with a huge grin, has made the rest of my day now heh.

The best bit of riding a bike on a hot day (At least for blokes I'd guess) is filling up with petrol and realising how cool the underground tanks are ahhhhh

Anyone else head out for a hoon at lunch sometimes?

The only difficult bit is returning to work rather than keeping on going!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 12:47 PM   #2
DaveP

Default Re: Lunchtime Hoon

I work in warrington town centre and everyone that knows warrington will tell you how crap the traffic is here!! Every now and then on lunch i will take the bike out for a blast. The is a really fasat road that leads out of town towards one of the motorways. I often find myself tearing it up. Its a very nice wide road with a few dips and wide open bends. I basically tear up to the roundabout over the motorway and then back down again... Have had a bit of fun with some guys in sports cars of various types... And pi$$ed my self laughing at the 1.2 corsa's with a cut in half busicit tin for an exhaust thinking they can race me.... why do they believe this????

Its usually a nice fast blast that takes 15 minutes but is the opposit from the office and like you say it really pic's up your day!!!

Needless to say you never know who is reading this....... so i will find another route for now!!!!!
Old 02-06-09, 12:55 PM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

Never get chance to have a lunch (all say Aww) lol, but I do have a 16 mile ride to work then another 16 miles home at night every day so cant complain especially down the A525 Whitchurch to Nantwich road
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 12:58 PM   #4
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
especially down the A525 Whitchurch to Nantwich road
Heh I take that route home sometimes, tis definitely a nice run, otherwise its A49/534 with some small short cuts in between.

Will keep an eye open for you next time I'm taking the long way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Needless to say you never know who is reading this....... so i will find another route for now!!!!!
That's a good point. Fortunately, I'm rarely that predictable. I usually don't know where I'm going anyway, every juction is a new adventure LOL how cheesy
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"

Last edited by Brettus; 02-06-09 at 01:02 PM.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 01:54 PM   #5
AndyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
why do they believe this????
Because they used to own Cr@ppy little rusty Nova's and now they have a fast car . It does make me laugh though.....sometimes I will accelerate at the same rate as them so they think they are keeping up, then when they turn to their mates and smile and point I turn back the thottle and leave them for dust. It happens all the time on the A34 bypass.
Old 02-06-09, 02:00 PM   #6
DaveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
Because they used to own Cr@ppy little rusty Nova's and now they have a fast car . It does make me laugh though.....sometimes I will accelerate at the same rate as them so they think they are keeping up, then when they turn to their mates and smile and point I turn back the thottle and leave them for dust. It happens all the time on the A34 bypass.
I tend to take the pi22 a little.....