SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-08-19, 09:41 PM   #751
daktulos

Default Re: The running thread.

Group run with the club tonight - the first since October 2016! I've been avoiding them as I didn't want to cause trouble if I had to stop part-way, but I had no idea it had been so long. Definitely a step in the right direction.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2622167068

It was a lovely evening, too. No rain for a change!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 10:03 PM   #752
garynortheast
Mega Poster

First run out for just over a week and it was so good to be out there. Had a social run with a couple of canicross friends, around a route I have mostly never run before. A smidge under 5 miles near Guilsfield.

Relive video here.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-19, 09:55 PM   #753
daktulos

Just back from a sort of "end of summer" run around Ashridge/Ivinghoe with the club. Beautiful weather, plenty of hills, not to mention sheep. Had a sports massage on Tuesday, and it really seems to have helped.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2642354169
Old 23-08-19, 09:47 PM   #754
chris8886
Mega Poster

Ashridge is a lovely golf course! Have played there once with a greenkeeper mate.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 07:59 AM   #755
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Just back from a sort of "end of summer" run around Ashridge/Ivinghoe with the club. Beautiful weather, plenty of hills, not to mention sheep.
That looks like a nice route! I used to know that area back in the early 1970s as I did my RAF apprenticeship at nearby Halton.
Fab pictures too! The one of the sheep with the wood under that amazing sunset is stunning.

Out with Mabel the lurcher for a run with a friend and her kelpie, Cai, yesterday evening. Five and a bit miles around the old Oswestry Racecourse and Candy Woods. Lovely route, even the detours to avoid cows and bull!

We only just made it back in time before it got too dark to see. Time to find the headtorch again I think.

The Relive video is here.

Last edited by garynortheast; 24-08-19 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added the Relive link.
Old 24-08-19, 11:33 AM   #756
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
That looks like a nice route! I used to know that area back in the early 1970s as I did my RAF apprenticeship at nearby Halton.
Fab pictures too! The one of the sheep with the wood under that amazing sunset is stunning.
Thanks - I was particularly happy with that one, the sheep didn't run off, but they're probably used to walkers up there.

Quote:
Out with Mabel the lurcher for a run with a friend and her kelpie, Cai, yesterday evening. Five and a bit miles around the old Oswestry Racecourse and Candy Woods. Lovely route, even the detours to avoid cows and bull!
Nice, it looks like you had your fair share of hills, too - although I guess that quite literally comes with the territory! Definitely head-torch time, which is a shame as it means more road-running, but hopefully there'll be a couple of Ashridge runs, too.
Old 24-08-19, 09:10 PM   #757
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Thanks - I was particularly happy with that one, the sheep didn't run off, but they're probably used to walkers up there.

Nice, it looks like you had your fair share of hills, too - although I guess that quite literally comes with the territory! Definitely head-torch time, which is a shame as it means more road-running, but hopefully there'll be a couple of Ashridge runs, too.
Even when I have to use the head torch, we still run the trails here. There's no chance of getting lost as I've got to know all the trails locally over the last 23 years of living here in the village. I do have to keep an eye out for roots and loose rocks and stones though. Don't much fancy a late night broken ankle!
Old 28-08-19, 10:15 PM   #758
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out with a friend and the hounds this evening for a short 4.5 mile run. Didn't do the full run we had intended as it was getting a bit too dark by the time we got back.

The Relive video
Old 31-08-19, 08:18 PM   #759
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Drove across to Shrewsbury this morning with a friend and our hounds. Met up as arranged with another canicrosser and her dog at Sundorne Road then had a belter of a run across to Uffington, around and over Haughmond Hill then back to Sundorne Road.

Real mix of terrain, short stretch of tarmac path, lots of woodland trails, and one long section of very narrow and very overgrown footpath. We all gained a large crop of nettle stings and bramble lacerations on our legs. All in all though a very enjoyable run in good company.

On Haughmond Hill.

Haughmond Hill
by garynortheast

Relive here.
Old 06-09-19, 08:09 AM   #760
shiftin_gear98

Mud run tomorrow!!!!
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote