SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-08-19, 03:21 PM   #11
ShadowCaptain

Default Re: SV650 loud clanking/ticking (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glang View Post
I think Shadow Captain's bike has either gone to that race track in the sky or the problems been sorted and its cruising around smoothly again (I like to imagine its this second possibility!)
Ah sadly its the first

Sorry to everyone for not logging in recently, its just been one of those months and I have been away

I took it into the local mechanics today (I got a lot of looks riding it through town as it sounds like a jackhammer) and they are saying it is terminal. Basically its not the cam chain tensioner and it is something inside the engine, since it would require a lot of labour hours to strip an engine, and rebuild after I am pretty sure thing thing is a scrap / sell for spares thing

I MIGHT try take it apart myself but I have never touched an engine in my life so I have no idea what I am doing

Sad I think ill have to sell my car too so I can find a new used bike and get a cheapo car to run

I cant afford hundreds of pounds to repair this thing and its a 20 year old bike
ShadowCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 07:26 PM   #12
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Has it ever been low on oil ( to you knowledge )....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 08:30 PM   #13
ShadowCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Has it ever been low on oil ( to you knowledge )....
Well after the incident of it blowing black yes the oil was below the glass (but I dont recall if the oil was low before that)

If it was any ideas?
ShadowCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote