SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-06-08, 03:48 PM   #1
ak_uk

Red face Speed camera on the A40 (London bound) just before the Polish War Memorial slip road

Does anyone know when this went up? I've only just noticed it today in the car. I'm sure I was riding exuberantly in this area on the weekend.....at least twice.
Old 17-06-08, 05:53 PM   #2
FG1

Default Re: Speed camera on the A40 (London bound) just before the Polish War Memorial slip road..

I know there's one as you join the 40 at Swakeleys but not sure if there is a new one just before the Polish. Hope not as I work just off that roundabout.
I'll check it out tonight on my way to work.
Old 17-06-08, 06:34 PM   #3
Nostrils

Default Re: Speed camera on the A40 (London bound) just before the Polish War Memorial slip road..

I havent seen one there on my travels so it must be fairly new! Probably trying to cash in on those drivers going through the average speed cameras earlier only for them to speed up....
Old 17-06-08, 11:09 PM   #4
Cazza

Default Re: Speed camera on the A40 (London bound) just before the Polish War Memorial slip road

I noticed this (in time, fortunately) too on Sunday... I've not been along there for a little while though, so don't know when it was put in. Definitely new though.
Old 18-06-08, 01:37 AM   #5
FG1

Default Re: Speed camera on the A40 (London bound) just before the Polish War Memorial slip road

Just had a look at it on my way back from Brum. Yep, it's a new one. It's one of the high level ones but it doesn't look like they have got round to marking the road yet.
Old 18-06-08, 08:44 AM   #6
ak_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
Just had a look at it on my way back from Brum. Yep, it's a new one. It's one of the high level ones but it doesn't look like they have got round to marking the road yet.
Thanks - I was going to have a look myself today...

From the manufacturers:

http://www.redspeed-int.com/images/p...ngleCamera.swf

The demo states the white lines are secondary check marks - hopefully they are a requirement for prosecution because it looks like all the other details are still recorded:

http://www.roadtraffic-technology.co...redspeed2.html

Hopefully the ADSL link isn't up......time will tell.
Old 18-06-08, 02:22 PM   #7
Griffo

Oh pants on fire. I came down that road on MY way from brum to London on... Sunday morning I think it was. Let's all hope they need those lines to prosecute. I recall someone saying that was the case for GATSOs so muh :/

I'm not sure where the polish bit is though, is it after or befor the central mounted GATSO that can be rotated?
Old 18-06-08, 02:39 PM   #8
ak_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
Oh pants on fire. I came down that road on MY way from brum to London on... Sunday morning I think it was. Let's all hope they need those lines to prosecute. I recall someone saying that was the case for GATSOs so muh :/

I'm not sure where the polish bit is though, is it after or befor the central mounted GATSO that can be rotated?
After that GATSO and after RAF Northolt with it's short lamposts.