SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-02-10, 07:56 PM   #1
ofpcarnage

Default Introducing myself

Hi peeps I thought I better introduce myself.
Well I'm a 39 year old biker Virgin (even though I passed my test 10 years ago) Basically I am a new rider I started out with a kachiva mito 125cc owned that for 4 weeks did my cbt..had 2 riding lessons then passed my test on the open access. Then went out and purchased a brand new aprillia rsv millie 1000cc. NOT THE WISEST THING I'VE EVER DONE.The damn thing scared me to death. That put me off biking...that was 10 years ago.
I've now just traded in my mr2 roadster for a sv650s K3 in red with bikini fairings.
Just ordered a set of fairing lowers one piece and provisionaly booked it in for a full re-spray including wheels and frame respray.
Like I said its red at the moment but when its finished (mid April) its will be a matt black with gold/bronze showing in places.
I'm basically going for a stealth type (batman) feel to the bike.
Also I'm currently waiting on the arrival of my new leathers that will match the bike when finished ...I'll take before and then after pics asap.
Well thats basically all I can tell you about the bike and what I'm doing with it because basically I know absolutely nothing about bikes or biking.
I got on the bike for the first time on Saturday and immediately had a wobble which everyone in the forecourt found funny. (not me I was sure I was coming off)
I've since had a few days on it and I have to say what a forgiving bike this is I'm quickly finding my love of biking even though I'm still a crap rider but I'll get there.
Old 22-02-10, 08:06 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Introducing myself

Welcome!

Ok, yea - an RSV is a big ol' handlefull of a machine. Loads of torque, stupid power, and top-heavy (at elast, the earlier ones were!). SO not really the beginners choice!

Hoever, you've been wise and got an SV, which is a great choice of bike for anyone, new or experianced

Take your time, dont wakl before you can crawl and certainly dont try and run before any of this...always check your bike over. Things like tyre pressures can make alot of differance to how your bike feels, so keep them spot on . Keep an eye on your oil level and remember to keep the bike serviced when it needs it (at least once a year, or every 4000 mile for the oil changes). This time of year is not ideal to be out riding, the road salt is very slippery...not to mention all the water on the roads! If you havn't, get some crash bungs fitted. If you drop the bike, then they have the potential to reduce the amount of damage incured

Theres loads of info on here, loads of people who can give good advice. SO if you're in doubt about something, don't ignore it and ask

Last edited by Alpinestarhero; 22-02-10 at 08:08 PM.
Old 22-02-10, 08:08 PM   #3
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Batman you say?

Welcome btw.

Druid
Old 22-02-10, 08:10 PM   #4
simesb

Welcome - I like your censored location too!
Old 22-02-10, 08:10 PM   #5
ofpcarnage

Lol thats the leathers I'm waiting on I should have them very soon I hope. I purchased the jacket boots gloves and pants last year just waiting on them being shipped now =)
Yeah no idea why its censored its a actual place...near to Hull ..not my fault how it's spelt lol
Old 22-02-10, 09:18 PM   #6
Vorkohnen

Welcome to the .org!

I have to say I like your taste in the bizarre. Although I presume you are also in the process of turning your garage into the Bat-cave.

If only it was feasible to wear a Commissar's greatcoat and hat on a bike without endangering yourself...
Old 22-02-10, 09:21 PM   #7
TazDaz

Welcome to the forum. I find it highly amusing that part of your location is censored!
Old 22-02-10, 09:22 PM   #8
tanis34

ello and welcome
Old 22-02-10, 09:24 PM   #9
Triv650

Welcome to the org. Nice to see someone from s****horpe (XD) Hope to see you at a meet in the near future. Oh and btw you have to get those batman leathers
Old 22-02-10, 09:33 PM   #10
Bluefish

welcome mate, should of kept the mille, lol.