SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-09-06, 10:16 AM   #1
MidgetMoose

Default Law(Ish) Question

Okie Dokie,

On saturday night me and my mates were minding our own bussiness and walking into town to the pub. Just as i was getting into town a car stopped and 4 lads jumped out and decided it would be fun to hit me over the back of the head with something a few times.

I didn't really see much got a look of one guy, the police however have managed to arrest someone for it and they found an asp and knuckle dusters in the car i had to goto hospital to get my head glued up (which took 2 hours).

Is it worth going through everything now or is it just a massive hassle? especially as i don't know if i can pick the guy out or not and he might come round my house anyway to help my wound along at somepoint :P?... on my birthday week off as well
Old 25-09-06, 10:25 AM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

If you did not really see the guy then the Police have got big ID issues. Do you know him? If not they won't be coming to your house so you be OK there.

If the guy that has been arrested has admitted it then no worries I would go ahead with it, if he admits it you won't even need to attend court Just think of the compensation you may get !!

Are you going to an ID parade? Ask the Police how they know it was him that assaulted you.

If you can't be arsed to go along with it then they will get nailed for having offensive weapons anyway, so they won't get off scot free.

Nore importantly - hope you are OK
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 10:28 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

F*cking hell....

Hope your OK, depends if you feel you can ID him or not, if you didnt get a good look at him then its going to be hard to ID him.

Any idea why it happened thats disgusting, if it was me I would be wanting the book thrown at him and his mates.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 10:31 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Hopefully there will be some of that magic DNA stuff to tie the weapons to you and them to the weapons. and your inability to identify your attacker should not be an issue.

Now for the other stuff. Be a man, you have been attacked and injured. fortunately you appear not to have suffered too badly. However, what happens to the next victim of these yobs.

It is between you and you conscience. I know what I would do.
Old 25-09-06, 10:38 AM   #5
MidgetMoose

No idea they just jumped out of a car and did it might of been bored :P. Im going to the I.D parade as soon as the police let me know when its happening just had someone take pics of where they hit me.

I only saw him when i turned around after so i have a fairly good idea just depends on how the parade goes..im fine just a bit sore in places.
Old 25-09-06, 10:43 AM   #6
K

Default Re: Law(Ish) Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetMoose
I didn't really see much got a look of one guy, the police however have managed to arrest someone for it and they found an asp and knuckle dusters in the car
Wow - I think it's an offence to keep venomous snakes in the UK without a licence!
Old 25-09-06, 10:48 AM   #7
husky03
Mega Poster

Default law-ish

Hi Midget-glad your ok and not hurt to badly-I've got to agree with tim-you got to push this as far as possible-what happens to the next innocent person who gets assaulted buy these tossers-you "only"(still major) got a whack round the head but next time someone might get killed-could be one of your mates or family!-I deal with scum like this everyday and the attitude of them is scary-they don't give a feck -they need to be punished as much as possible but its only gonna happen if people stand up and look them in the eye in court and say there the person who assaulted me-I know its hard, I do it as part of my job,but when you see what these people do you know deep down that its the right thing to do.
Don't fall for the offensive weapon charge-it will end up being a fine for them and they'll pay it a pound a week for two years.
DNA should see you ok.
Hope you mend well-don't let the Bast*&ds win

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 11:06 AM   #8
Tara

so glad your not too badly damaged - gotta agree with Tim get the book thrown at them their next victim might not be as "lucky" as you were
Old 25-09-06, 11:06 AM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Bugger, if you are going to a parade then they didn't admit it.

Did the rossers take your clothes, as timwilky said the DNA thing is the other thing.

All you can do is go and see if you recognise the little s**t. If you can't then you can't do any more.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 06:24 PM   #10
Ch00

Go though with it. If you can pick them out of the ID parade (all done on video these days dont need to look at real folk anymore) then great likewise and off weap charge is a small consolation if you cant.

Ch00