SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-01-07, 05:32 AM   #1
Sideshow#36

Default GSXR Front/ 636 Rear (Again!)

Hi all,
Sorry about this, yes I know this subject has been raised on here quite a few times but I'd like to claify it all.
Looking to fit the GXSR front end mod and the 636 rear shock mod. Ive set myself a buget and hopefully ill stick to it.
Ive looked through past posts on here and used a bit of common to try and figure out all the componets ill need. Looks pretty expen... i mean extensive but here we go.

Yokes
Axle
Fork Legs (Radial/USD)
Radial Calipers
Clip Ons
Mud Guard
Wheel
Wavey Discs
New Pads
Braided Hoses
Speedo Converter (Where from?)
Master Cylinder

636 Rear Shock

I do have a couple of questions though. Do I need all new switch gear or can some be retained from my K4S? Do I need specific yokes for ignition barrell etc? And which wheels/yokes/forks are best combination? Compatabilty etc... Also is there anything extra needed for the 636 rear shock mod, baring in mind shorter dog bones have already been fitted.
Many thanks all and any advice will be much apreciated.
Old 23-01-07, 10:33 AM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

That sounds good to me, thiough you don't really need the master cylinder. You use all the SV switchgear too. I'm not too clued up on pointy front end swaps as to exactly which works etc, I like the SRAD/TL one as it looks teh same as the rear but it's more of a finagle to fit.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-07, 10:42 AM   #3
Sideshow#36

Cheers. Well just bid on a pair of GSXR 750 K4 Radial Calipers so I think i'm going down that road so for ease of manufacture im going to try and get everything GSXR 750 K4.
Yeah i'd heard you don't really need the master cylinder but it utilises all that extra stopping power, same as the wavy discs, don't really need them. Could go for normal rotors but lets face it they look cool.
Old 23-01-07, 12:25 PM   #4
Sideshow#36

Any Idea weather this would be a good investment. Seems farily cheap.
A long link? Well don't just say that, do something about it,
man thats a long link!

Yes. it was, wasn't it.
Old 23-01-07, 04:55 PM   #5
BILLY

For your speedo contact this guy climb.high@verizon.net Let him know what parts you are using and he will post the pick up to you cost is about £47

Here's a pick of mine

Old 23-01-07, 04:57 PM   #6
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow46
Any Idea weather this would be a good investment. Seems farily cheap.
Link edited. Again
man thats a long link!
Not a bad price!!
Old 23-01-07, 09:44 PM   #7
Sideshow#36

So you think its the right year to go for the rear shock? I could have sworn it was the previous year but hey i think ill give it a go. Hopefully it will be a straight swap with no mucking about. I will add pictures as and when parts arrive get fitted etc. But with my limited budget I can't see it happening overnight. Cheers all. Oh and keep posting ideas and any problems you have encountered, and thanks for the email addy Billy. TA.
Old 23-01-07, 09:49 PM   #8
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow46
So you think its the right year to go for the rear shock? I could have sworn it was the previous year but hey i think ill give it a go. Hopefully it will be a straight swap with no mucking about. I will add pictures as and when parts arrive get fitted etc. But with my limited budget I can't see it happening overnight. Cheers all. Oh and keep posting ideas and any problems you have encountered, and thanks for the email addy Billy. TA.
If it doesn't fit you can always put it back on Ebay and get your money back and more!
Old 23-01-07, 10:00 PM   #9
Sideshow#36

fair one.
Old 23-01-07, 10:17 PM   #10
ianofbhills

My advice is to try and buy a front end as complete as possible as it tends to end up costing more money when you buy each bit seperatly.

Its also worth keeping an eye on the american ebay site as parts over there are generally mucho cheapo then over here. Stuff usually sells for $ for what it costs in £ here and with the favourable exchange rate it often works out cheaper. Got to be careful to factor the shipping prices in to and i'm not certain on what happens with import charges on 2cnd hand parts.

just a quick scan here's a load of bits in a oner

Yet another edited link

i got most of my stuff from the states without paying any import costs.