SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-07-16, 11:36 AM   #3531
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Our Black Lab went deaf a few years ago, which means she cannot hear birds in the hedges any more so consequently does not run up and down barking at them. Thankfully. It was bad enough that we'd put a fairly tight fitting soft muzzle on her if she was let out at anti-social o'clock which did the trick. Shame the near neighbour with the Doberman does not do the same...
Old 30-07-16, 06:22 PM   #3532
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Alas, poor battery. My Optimate has been telling me for the last couple of months that my battery's condition is "poor". After a good long run today it is now seemingly stuck on a desulphate cycle so it looks like I need a new one. Shouldn't complain really as it's the original and it's lasted 7 years.
Old 03-08-16, 08:55 AM   #3533
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

First Bus, bunch of see you next Tuesdays

They've decided that they're not making enough profit off the bus I use to get to town so are cutting it completely in two weeks.

It means my commute to work will increase by at least 25 minutes (will now be nearly 90 minutes to go 15 miles)

I don't want to use the Street to get to work, she's a toy to be enjoyed. I'm not best pleased. I'm even looking at 250 scooters on eBay... What a fricking nightmare!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 10:52 AM   #3534
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Same where I live. No buses after 7pm. Costs me £12 in a taxi any time Stu can't pick me up. Other areas have late buses that run empty up to the 2 million pound houses because that was a deal of the planning permission for those developers, funny that they would rather use their Mercs and Audis than the bus to those homes.
Old 04-08-16, 02:54 PM   #3535
timwilky
Mega Poster

Asda!!!

I ferkin hate the place, never got anything fresh in stock. Deliberately short staffed on tills, self service tills that don't work. Ignorant staff that wont respond to the please wait messages permanently being belched out by the not fit for service tills.

Why do I go there. It is 300 yards away. Next nearest store is over 4 miles away.

Yup walked out again, emptied my half full bag on the useless till, left the lot that it will not allow through on the conveyor. I just wish the store management would look at their cctv to see what prompts customers to abandon half way through arranging to pay for goods. And see the staff ignoring the flashing tills to continue their gassing.

Yes I hate the place, tried their internet once and rejected half of what they attempted to deliver. If they cannot supply what is asked for. Don't deliver half the shop and don't substitute alternatives..

No I don't feel better for this rant. The wife laughed when I walked in minus bags. She knows damn well I have abandoned the shop. 20 mins of my life I will never get back. Still last time I ever go there. I just wish they would bar me from the dump. Tehy are supposed to be owned by Walmart. Well they certainly have not adopted an American view of customer service.

Now Tim, relax, deep breaths, calm.....
Old 04-08-16, 03:05 PM   #3536
shiftin_gear98

20 mins!! Whenever I venture into a supermarket I seem to have my soul removed.
The next thing I'm aware of is I'm in my car driving home and it's at least two hours later.
I wish I was in there for 20 mins.
Old 04-08-16, 03:14 PM   #3537
Bibio
Mega Poster

i like my ASDA. getting used to the self service now so its not a problem, there are a few 'rules' you have to adhere to to get through them without problems but i have got it down to a tee. mind you i go shopping at 3am so stuff is fresh on shelves and store is pretty much empty of other shoppers. i wont go to ASDA during the day as the day staff are overworked with customers that cant use the self service properly. the night staff all know me so i get through the tills quicker if i'm doing a big shop.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 03:23 PM   #3538
timwilky
Mega Poster

There for 20 mins because they have nothing on the shelves.

Was supposed to be cooking Chinese tonight. No ****ake or oyster mushrooms, Guy on the veg looked at me as if I was an idiot asking for them.

Fish counter unmanned.

Why do I bother, they want to knock out pre packed rubbish. Deli counter gone. No butchers. Soggy water filled chicken and 20 slices to a pack wafer thin mush purporting to be bacon etc. The place is simply horrid.
Old 04-08-16, 03:31 PM   #3539
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i like my ASDA. getting used to the self service now so its not a problem, there are a few 'rules' you have to adhere to to get through them without problems but i have got it down to a tee. mind you i go shopping at 3am so stuff is fresh on shelves and store is pretty much empty of other shoppers. i wont go to ASDA during the day as the day staff are overworked with customers that cant use the self service properly. the night staff all know me so i get through the tills quicker if i'm doing a big shop.

I know how to use the tills. My problem today was bananas. Weighed them, selected bananas, put them in the bag. And it locks up requiring a supervisor checks my bag as it has decided there is a weight discrepancy. Trouble is the supervisor would rather talk to her mate than help a customer.

But you are right, I made the mistake of selecting the till that was empty, apart from the woman paying for her purchase. Once I had loaded the conveyor, I then see she has not bagged her shop and is waiting to pay before she will take her stuff off the scales and place it into the bags in her trolley. So queue wait for that. My fault going for the till with no queue, should know better.
Old 04-08-16, 04:04 PM   #3540
pookie

and breathe and relax Tim!

I think waitrose do those fancy mushrooms..
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 04-08-16 at 04:05 PM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote