SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-12-07, 12:43 PM   #11
Sean_C

Default Re: Weather forecast

I think its something men have in common

My dad is under the impression he is a supreme being too

Shame about the weather, I fancied a few hours out and about on the bike guess I will give it a sponge bath instead.
Old 07-12-07, 12:47 PM   #12
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
The BBC often come out with
'a bit of sun, rain and wind'.

so that's them all covered then. Thanks.
Yeah and on that day it snows!!!!
Old 07-12-07, 01:03 PM   #13
Pedro68

Has anyone else noticed how the UK "rain" radar isn't quite as dynamic as they would have you believe?

You check the rain radar ... and it looks like it's gonna be "clear" for your particular part of the country at say 0900hrs but that the "big rain cloud" will be over your part of the country at 1200hrs, and you look out the window at 0900hrs and it's raining ... then you check the weather at 1200hrs, and it says for 0900hrs that there was rain over your part of the country ... well geeeee thanks for telling me that now ... but has the "predicted rain fall" been altered? NO! So it still says that "big rain cloud" will be over your part of the country at 1200hrs, but by 1200hrs its carried on its merry way and it's blazing sunshine again now!?!

Ok, so the weather will only ever be a "guesstimate" ... but every day this week I've been in the cage thanks to the weather reports ... and every day this week I've driven into work, and home again, on mainly dry roads I coulda used the bike! Now it's supposed to be pee'ing it down all weekend ... and you can bet your house on it that if I go out on the bike at the weekend, it WILL pee it down

Ignore me, i'm just disgruntled that the inaccurate weather reports have had me stuck in the cage all week ... and in particular stuck in traffic on the M62 on the way home last night, and all because the traffic waiting to get onto the M62 (eastbound) was blocking the exit of the M62/M57 spur roundabout ... why do drivers HAVE to run red lights, and then get stuck in the middle of the traffic trying to go on green and get across their path?! (sorry that's one for the "mildy annoying driving" thread )
Old 07-12-07, 01:08 PM   #14
colinsv25

my last 14 weeks ave been a weekend for me no work im off sick