SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-07-05, 07:05 AM   #1
Captain Nemo

Default Nigel Purdon rip......

just read this on two, between this and the post by the young lad , Bens dad thats my dad f****d, but im still here so how bad can it be.

“ Nigel Purdon.

It is with deep regret that two reports the passing of Nigel “nodi” Purdon.

Nigel was racing in the bemsee mini-twins race series while in Croix , France, on June 11 when he sustained fatal injuries.

A top bloke who lived life in the fast lane, Nigel often shared a garage with team two when we took part in the minitwins series last year. As owner of Carbontek in redhill, surrey, Nigel built up a successful business through hard work and persistence.

Our thoughts are with his family and all that knew him.”

i cant think how to link it, but thers a topic in pennine massive on the mini twins at croft on the 18th april, didnt know the guy , only spoke to him for ten minutes or so, but he was a top bloke, i can still see him coming round turn one scraping the bellypan on his mad naked K4 .

upsetting that he died in june and that this is the first ive seen of it .

sorry to bring everyone down,especially if this has been up before, i just thought that he should be remembered , especially as he was one of us.

RIP Nigel.
Old 29-07-05, 08:30 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Its always sad to read stuff like this and a sobering thought to

RIP Nigel

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-05, 08:37 AM   #3
Stormspiel

Blummin eck' This week seems to be a bit high on casualties, very sad indeed. Horrible to hear a fellow biker is no more RIP Nigel
Old 29-07-05, 01:26 PM   #4
bluebell

R.I.P Nigel.
Old 29-07-05, 05:09 PM   #5
SV650Racer

Nige was a good friend of mine..I raced with him and drank with him and was in France when this happened.

Never lost a friend before and am still struggling with comming to terms with it.

One of the best blokes you could ever meet and a real character..

Just a note to you all....dont bitch, dont argue...just enjoy your life as its far too damn short..