SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-05-12, 08:50 PM   #1
HopefullySoon

Default Curvy Intermittant Spark

Hi

Hope the 'org can help me out a bit here .

I'm on an extended motorbike tour in Portugal and Spain and my bike has developed a fault with the ignition system somewhere whereby sometimes it will fire first press of the button and yet other times turns over but wont attempt to fire .

I have got 12.6/7/8 volt at both ignition coils on the orange/white wire and I've cleaned up all the connections to the coils , changed the rear coil/HT lead / plug cap (not the plug itself tho as its only done 1400 miles) , I've unplugged the CDI/ECU/brain thingymebob cleaned the terminals as best as I can and replugged it in and still have the same intermitternt fault .

Bit lost on where to go from here .

TIA

HS
HS
Old 08-05-12, 07:23 AM   #2
MJC-DEV

Default Re: Intermittant Spark

Are you sure its not a fuelling issue ie is it hot and high altitude?
Are the starts random or first of the day etc?