SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-11-07, 01:26 PM   #1
Biker Biker

Default Fresh out of the wrapper

Mmmmm Don't you just love that Newbie smell....

Like new leathers, new tires burning up, brake pads bedding in, that sickly sweet smell of a new engine or even a fresh new tank full of petrol.....

Yup... just fresh out the wrapper, so hello to you all!

I kinda acquired another bike on Saturday, well actually she just fell into my lap and seeing as she had the semi same breed markings as my Bandit I couldn't turn her back out on the street, ha ha.

So I hear by announce that I am now the proud owner of a Silver SV650s 53 plate. The virtual drinks are on me if you wanna help welcome the new horse power to the Biker Biker stables.

A bit about me... well I usually hang out in all the usual haunts and am usually floating around somewhere. The SV is my first V Twin, i've had the bandit for 1 1/2 years and before that it was the Suzuki Van Van 125. The highlights so far for this year have been Brands hatch, riding to Valencia, A39 in Cornwall and Unity Ride.

I look forwards to seeing you out on the roads!

Old 12-11-07, 01:37 PM   #2
Bear

Default Re: Fresh out of the wrapper

Welcome in and mines a pint of Martini Rosso wiv a green straw in it.

Get yourself down to Soho one friday to say howdy in person. You're in Teriyaki Monkey and my neck of the woods, so if you need guidance give us a shout!
Old 12-11-07, 01:47 PM   #3
rigor

Hola! Welcome to the Org.

Word of advice.... don't feed the Bear after midnight
Old 12-11-07, 01:53 PM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Croeso!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:55 PM   #5
Biker Biker

Howdy Bear, Cheers! I'll have a wander down to Soho... but it might be on the Bandit as I've got to fit a new chain and sprocket to the SV. (The SV was left out doors uncovered for a year and the chain is a pile of rust).

I'll deff be needing some guidance... the SV is a whole different beast to the in line 4.. oh yes.
Old 12-11-07, 01:57 PM   #6
Warthog

Hiya biker biker! You are within striking distance of the TVSF pub meet at the Shire Horse in Maidenhead if you fancy popping along to the meetup to introduce yourself. Check out the appropriate sections of the regional subforum for meets (SOHO or TVSF I suppose).

EDIT: forgot to say its Tuesday at 7 or so.
Old 12-11-07, 01:59 PM   #7
Davies

Howdoos! Ignore what Rigor said....just don't feed the Bear fullstop! Like the rest have said, get down to Soho on a friday and say hello, although I have a distinct memory of meeting you at one of the LB newbie nights a year ago

Cheers,

Paul
Old 12-11-07, 02:02 PM   #8
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Hiya biker biker! You are within striking distance of the TVSF pub meet at the Shire Horse in Maidenhead if you fancy popping along to the meetup to introduce yourself. Check out the appropriate sections of the regional subforum for meets (SOHO or TVSF I suppose).

EDIT: forgot to say its Tuesday at 7 or so.
You're making us sound desperate.
Old 12-11-07, 02:02 PM   #9
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Howdoos! Ignore what Rigor said....just don't feed the Bear fullstop! Like the rest have said, get down to Soho on a friday and say hello, although I have a distinct memory of meeting you at one of the LB newbie nights a year ago

Cheers,

Paul
OK guys, I get the message, I have a weight problem. No need to tell newbies that before they meet me...
Old 12-11-07, 02:05 PM   #10
Biker Biker

Ok Rigor I won't feed bear after midnight...... I'm guessing its a quote from Gremlins?

'How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?'