SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-10-08, 10:13 AM   #1
magicrat

Default Bikedolf's brakes to the rescue!

Just avoided what could have been a major crash: Bimbling along at 30 in a built up area, traffic fairly busy being rush hour, and suddenly an oncoming car dives into a right hand turn, cutting in front of me. No indicators or warning whatsoever. Thankfully my reactions were pretty sharp and managed to successfully apply the anchors to avoid collision. (man am I glad I put some replacement calipers on a few weeks ago - my old ones were knackered. So cheers Pete and Lissa if you're reading).
But the thing that left me most gobsmacked about the whole incedent was that it wasn't the average cage driver that did this. It was a driving instructor! (only one person in car so not a learner!) Not the best advert for that driving school I must say!
Old 28-10-08, 10:23 AM   #2
petevtwin650

Default Re: Bukedolf's brakes to the rescue!

Good for the heart so they say.

Glad the brakes did the job Magicrat. Mind you if they hadn't I could have sold you my forks.

Guess you didn't have time to get his vehicles details, cos it would have been worth reporting him to the Driving School. Don't want him teaching newbies those sort of manueovres.