SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-01-08, 08:46 PM   #1
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default My bikes become an animal!

Well after fitting the GSX-R 600 front end and the PCIII my bike has become a bit of an animal!

I think the front is now lighter, add that to the fact that it's now much tighter and the PCIII has made the bike more responsive and I'm having fun trying to keep the front wheel on the ground!

Even last night in the wet/damp conditions I twisted the throttle at 20-30 in first and the front popped up. It's really fun and I'm so pleased with the upgrades so far.

The front holds a line through corners better and even on the standard gixer rubber inspires me with confidence.

I can't find a bad word to say about the changes and it'll only get better once it's all set up correctly.

I'm from ear to ear and hope the weather stays like it was today so I can get out alot more.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-08, 08:48 PM   #2
neio79

Default Re: My bikes become an animal!

now get a proper bike like a ZX6R and really feel the diff LOL
Old 24-01-08, 11:03 PM   #3
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Getting an 07 CBR600 in the spring (keeping this one mind), just a bit more meaty than it used to be so need to get acquainted with the power delivery!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 25-01-08, 12:57 PM   #4
petevtwin650

I've been watching the fork upgrade with interest. I thought that somewhere along the line there would be an insurmountable problem that an average Joe, or me , wouldn't be able to solve.

But it's gone smoothly and you've done it quickly too.

Top job.

Look forward to seeing it in action later this year.
Old 25-01-08, 01:22 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Just got the sensor to sort which, believe it or not, h\s been the most difficult/time consuming!

I'm well happy with how it's turned out, in fact I'm just about to go back out on it!

Old 25-01-08, 05:34 PM   #6
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

That's good to know. I can't wait to get mine done and get out on it. You're gonna have to let me know the secrets of the speedo sensor
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-08, 06:13 PM   #7
phil24_7
Mega Poster

The secrets are:

Hall effect gear tooth sensor from Farnell (open an account with them to get free delivery plus only takes 2 seconds and is free!)
Length of wire and butcher your old speedo sensor or get a second hand one or damaged one and butcher that!
Magnets and holders for the discs, svRash got some countersunk magnets and bolted them into the holes on the disc.

Hopefully it should all go without a hitch!

Old 25-01-08, 07:21 PM   #8
kwak zzr

well done phil,top job!