SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 04-04-08, 08:09 AM   #1
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Evening Meets

Well the better weather is on the way (so they say) and the evenings are getting lighter, so it's time for us to start thinking about a regular meet in the evenings.

Last year we rotated the meets around the area to make things easier for our far flung members - one in LLangollen, one near Shrewsbury and one on the Wirral, different one each week. Will this work again this year?

What do folks want to do about an evening meet? Discuss. We are especially interested in the opinions of our newer members who joined over winter, so speak up!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 08:37 AM   #2
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Evening Meets

I`m up for some of that , got a feeling me and my SV are going to be doing rather a lot of miles .
Old 04-04-08, 09:23 AM   #3
Pedro68

Well I managed to rack up about 13,000 miles in my first year of riding (and the SV was off the road for almost 3 months during that time!) ... so I'm game for evening meets pretty much anywhere ... there's just one problem for me ... I don't know where I'm going to be working, and at this rate, I'll have to apply for temporary membership of the TV and/or Soho lot!! If I'm about, I'll gladly attend. If not, I'll probably look to organise something for the weekend (sir)

But, for the scouse contingent can I suggest somewhere a bit more local to them than the Tap (Eastham) ... I'm sure some of the resident scousers can come up with something
Old 04-04-08, 09:25 AM   #4
plowsie

Can you keep the Stormey pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Mr Luckypants
Old 04-04-08, 09:31 AM   #5
stewie

The hen and chickens in Maghull is a big biker meet on a weds evening, usually loads of bikes down there, thats a possibility.
Old 04-04-08, 09:33 AM   #6
stewie

Maybe, as we have 5 areas in the border patrol we could have a meet in each one ?
Old 04-04-08, 09:34 AM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
But, for the scouse contingent can I suggest somewhere a bit more local to them than the Tap (Eastham) ... I'm sure some of the resident scousers can come up with something
True, but one of the reasons we selected The Tap was that it is also accessible to the rest of the BP. An alternative venue needs to be (relatively) easily reached by folks in Wales and Stoke / Shrewsbury. The point of moving the location around was so that the miles needed to get to a meet was evenly spread.

So if you merseysiders want another venue, just bare that in mind when selecting the venue.

Old 04-04-08, 09:35 AM   #8
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Maybe, as we have 5 areas in the border patrol we could have a meet in each one ?
where did you get that from Stewie?

Old 04-04-08, 09:40 AM   #9
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
where did you get that from Stewie?
I just meant N Wales, Cheshire, Staffs, Shropshire and Merseyside, We could have a meet in each thats all I meant
Old 04-04-08, 09:51 AM   #10
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
True, but one of the reasons we selected The Tap was that it is also accessible to the rest of the BP. An alternative venue needs to be (relatively) easily reached by folks in Wales and Stoke / Shrewsbury. The point of moving the location around was so that the miles needed to get to a meet was evenly spread.

So if you merseysiders want another venue, just bare that in mind when selecting the venue.
Point taken