SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-07-08, 09:20 PM   #1
sv_rider1990

Default Petrol caps - im after one that is still a lockable one!

My petrol cap has had it i mean it doesnt click back in basically just flaps straight up whenever i get going and pick up speed soooo whats a good one to get - another OEM one would be pricey i should imagine and im still after one that locks as some chavvy b*stard would nick a screw in one at the place of work and college.

Thanks

Ash
Old 04-07-08, 10:06 PM   #2
sv650k4

Default Re: Petrol caps - im after one that is still a lockable one!

i think the only lockable ones are basically the OEM ones i may be wrong tho but ive never really seen an aftermarket lockable one!

you can get plenty of race ones but ther just the screw type that you dont want.

if the pointy ones fit the curvy i have a very good order one in the garage not needed.

Old 04-07-08, 10:16 PM   #3
sv_rider1990

aaah i see........... well i dont want petrol being knicked as i have heard that people are siphoning petrol out of cars because of the price lol. Maybe someone would be able to find out if a pointy fits on to a curvey by any chance??

Thanks

Ash
Old 04-07-08, 10:45 PM   #4
svrash

Mines for sale
Old 05-07-08, 08:38 AM   #5
sv_rider1990

lol i woulndt want to take anything else from you i'm already using your lowers as an idea for a paint job lol!!

How much would you want for it?

Do you have a black lens cover for the running light as i cant see yours in the pic??

Thnaks

Ash
Old 05-07-08, 07:23 PM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Lockable ones are prefered, especially with the fule prices going up and fuel thiefs are back out in force again. However worth noting, its only a few allen bolts holding the cap on so they will get at it if they want to!
Old 05-07-08, 09:37 PM   #7
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_rider1990 View Post
lol i woulndt want to take anything else from you i'm already using your lowers as an idea for a paint job lol!!

How much would you want for it?

Do you have a black lens cover for the running light as i cant see yours in the pic??

Thnaks

Ash
The lens covers have gone i'm affraid, i'll sell the fuel cap and seat lock togeather for £15 + postage
Old 06-07-08, 09:10 PM   #8
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Lockable ones are prefered, especially with the fule prices going up and fuel thiefs are back out in force again. However worth noting, its only a few allen bolts holding the cap on so they will get at it if they want to!
there are 5 allen bolts in total but 2 of them are for show, only 3 actually screw down into the metal tank itself (on a k5 anyway = I was bored/curious one day lol)

the serial number for a 1999 tank cap is 44200-33870 just incase you can't get hold of one. (as found here)

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-08, 09:12 PM   #9
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
there are 5 allen bolts in total but 2 of them are for show, only 3 actually screw down into the metal tank itself (on a k5 anyway = I was bored/curious one day lol)

the serial number for a 1999 tank cap is 44200-33870 just incase you can't get hold of one. (as found here)
7 on a curvey, 4 work, 3 for show
Old 06-07-08, 09:13 PM   #10
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
However worth noting, its only a few allen bolts holding the cap on so they will get at it if they want to!
Not true because the lock still keeps it locked, try it