SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-10-09, 07:25 AM   #1
BournemouthBen

Default FS: Canon USM 70-200

Hello everyone

I have a Canon 55-200mm zoom lens. Fastest @ f4.5
Ultra sonic motor (USM)
52mm filter thread.
Both lens cap and rear cap/protector.

I have only used it a handful of times. It really is immaculate. It looks unused because it pretty much is! I normally use a Sigma 28-300.

Looking for £90 + postage.
They are about £125 cheapest on the internet.
Open to offers.

Thank you,
Ben

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for posting 'for sale' articles, i cant find one that is a general topic area for stuff other than bikes?

Please move if necessary

Last edited by BournemouthBen; 09-10-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-10-09, 07:28 AM   #2
BournemouthBen

Default Re: FS: Canon USM 70-200

Pictures...

Old 07-10-09, 07:30 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BournemouthBen View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for posting 'for sale' articles, i cant find one that is a general topic area for stuff other than bikes?
Yep this is the right place for it all non bike related stuff goes in IB

Good luck with the sale

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 10:44 AM   #4
rob13

Ooooh looks nice that, unfortunately I'm still debating over which body to buy! Good luck with the sale and if its still available once I've spent my money, I might give you a shout.
Old 07-10-09, 11:07 AM   #5
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Given the choice I'd buy Angelina Jolie's body, much better than the one I currently have.

However, that is a very nice lens. For a decent second hand body a good condition EOS 30D would be perfect if you want something you can get really creative with. Now Canon have upgraded through the 40D to the 50D there will be lots of 30Ds coming on the used market.

This is a good place to buy and sell bodies and lenses. I picked up an almost new L-series lens here - £600 instead of £900 - from a photography student who'd finished his course.

http://www.photographers.co.uk/html/...orSaleWanted=S
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 11:39 PM   #6
BournemouthBen

Bump bump! still for sale...
Old 09-10-09, 09:34 AM   #7
Essex of Essex

Question Re: FS: Canon USM 70-200

To be picky, and put it back on top the photograph shows a 55-200 zoom
Old 09-10-09, 09:39 PM   #8
BournemouthBen

oh yeah. Honest mistake, ill edit it.

(at least you would get more for your money)
Old 09-10-09, 10:10 PM   #9
SV-net

Bump away again, apologies for the slight derail but I imagine the photographers among us will all read this thread.

Im in the hunt for a digital SLR body ideally to suit Canon EOS lenses. I have a reasonable amount of kit and want to go digital completely now. Which one is good under a monkey and used is ok for me. Cheers.
Old 09-10-09, 11:11 PM   #10
BournemouthBen

Default Re: FS: Canon USM 55-200

I dont know what the current model is in the 'entry level' market (i assume thats the level your thinking...)

I have a 350D, which is ancient in terms of technology and megapixels...but it still does a cracking job. I use it for Uni and any jobs i do. Some stuff could be better, but I dont have nearly enough money to justify anything better at the moment.

I think the current models are the EOS 450/500/1000 'D' range, before you hit the more semi pro range.

Canon Website

All sorts to consider like HD video, MP, focus points etc etc etc. (you may already know this.) Something around the 10-12 MP range is good enough quality for A2 print and web content. 14 Mp+ etc is probably too much and you'll soon start to fill up your PC hard drive with massive RAW files. I don't know what prices are, but anything in the Canon range is good. I don't think many people will be able to tell quality difference between Canon/Nikon.

Its hard to advise. Get yourself down to the local Jessops and hold/try a couple bodies. Then go to your local small camera shop and buy from them. You will only get a good feel by actually testing.

Good luck,

Ben.

P.s... I assume you have a load of Ef lenses? The focal lengths of lenses then fitted onto entry level Canon bodies has to be multiplied by 1.6 because sensor is smaller than 35 mm. (Its APS sized, so wide angle lenses aren't quite as wide). Sorry if I've said a load of stuff you already know! There will be more along to tell you stuff!!!