SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 14-07-06, 03:24 AM   #1
Dan_SV

Default Christmas comes early in Japan (warning Bling inside)

Yum. Busy with the spanners I'll be this weekend then..... May need a smidge more compression damping with brakes like this

Dan.
Old 14-07-06, 07:50 AM   #2
falc

Big stockings then?

Excellent, looks like that should sharpen up the brakes
Old 14-07-06, 08:32 AM   #3
Skip
Mega Poster

Nice Dan, very nice!

I took the same route as you in upgrading the SVs engine to a 750.... got carried away and upgraded the whole bike...
Old 14-07-06, 08:45 AM   #4
Razor

Nice being in a place where everything is off the shelf. Is that adaptor plates to fit the brembos to the SRAD?
Old 15-07-06, 07:02 PM   #5
Dan_SV

Yea stockings are on the generous side, big legs ya see.....

I`m hoping they should sharpen up the brakes- wont be too impressed if they don`t....but I`m thinking some fork upgrades may be in order too. Won`t be matching the flashness of the brakes with Ohlins, but I think a decent re-valve and re-spring once she`s back in england would make sense. Could get it done here, but i`m unsure Japanese technicians can set suspension up for people over 10 stone......lol

Skip, we will have an evil little IL4 massive..... I`ll get slated for saying this, but i actually prefer the gixxers power delivery to the SV`s....I enjoy having to work it, and keep it spinning.

Defo have to meet up for a blat round norfolk as and when we can - my Mate Jumbo bought that guy James`s blue K3 who came to the solitary norfolk meet - Small world eh.

Good buy on the Z750. I spent about an hour sitting on that at the last NEC just think mmmm this feels right..... but the gixer also gives me that feeling in the pants.... I mean head..

Razor, yea the adaptor plates are to hang the brembo`s off on the Gixy forks. Very reasonably priced and beatifully milled. It is nice to have things off the shelf, but I often find myself struggling to find little odds and ends that eeengeerlish bike shops tend to stock. Prices tend to vary without any pattern too....

****, ive just realised its nearly 4 am here. Best be off to bed.....

Dan.