SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes 24 34.78%
No 36 52.17%
Keithd 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-09-14, 08:31 PM   #241
Spank86

Default Re: The Org Scottish Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
could you please tell me what it means that 'Salmond' plans to get rid of the BBC?
I think it means that he intends to have his own public broadcaster in Scotland not that he intends to launch an attack on broadcasting house.

I'd imagine a Scottish broadcaster would buy a lot of BBC content.
Old 14-09-14, 08:36 PM   #242
Bibio
Mega Poster

well that makes sense to me if Scotland is an independent country as the licence fees will go directly to the Scottish Government who in turn will more than likely buy content from the BBC but also create some of our own. that sound like the best of both worlds if you ask me. Scotland will then end up with more Scottish based content.. wooohooo.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 08:41 PM   #243
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default The Org Scottish Referendum

You already have BBC alba, what more do you want?!

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 08:46 PM   #244
Bibio
Mega Poster

the BBC has lots of regional broadcasting but Scotland might not have a choice in the matter if its an independent country.
Old 14-09-14, 08:59 PM   #245
Teejayexc

Quote:
...... that sound like the best of both worlds if you ask me. Scotland will then end up with more Scottish based content.. wooohooo.

Haggis bake off, Saturday Deep Fried Day, Football for beginners, Curling Match of the Day, Caber Tossing Olympics, Universally Challenged, Salmond's Weekly Round Up......
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 09:01 PM   #246
Spank86

Quote:
well that makes sense to me if Scotland is an independent country as the licence fees will go directly to the Scottish Government who in turn will more than likely buy content from the BBC but also create some of our own. that sound like the best of both worlds if you ask me. Scotland will then end up with more Scottish based content.. wooohooo.
It depends, you could wind up paying more per head to the bbc, or it could wind up cheaper.

The Scottish content would have to battle bbc content for cash using only 8odd % of the current licence fee unless they put it up. Personally I reckon you'd have a change of getting adverts.
Old 14-09-14, 09:24 PM   #247
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-EUC View Post
You already have BBC alba, what more do you want?!
I want OHBC!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 11:47 PM   #248
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
Haggis bake off, Saturday Deep Fried Day, Football for beginners, Curling Match of the Day, Caber Tossing Olympics, Universally Challenged, Salmond's Weekly Round Up......
as a Scotsman that sounds fantastic. where do i sign.
Old 15-09-14, 12:05 AM   #249
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
It depends, you could wind up paying more per head to the bbc, or it could wind up cheaper.

The Scottish content would have to battle bbc content for cash using only 8odd % of the current licence fee unless they put it up. Personally I reckon you'd have a change of getting adverts.
lets face it the day to day content of the BBC is not the best now is it. i dont watch that much TV and when i do the only thing i watch that is on the BBC is Dr Who and Sherlock as the rest is mindless mass consumer visual tat.

i dont get this whole thing about it going to cost the Scottish public more for this and that as i have seen no hard evidence of such things, yes i might be blind to it being a Scotsman who will vote yes but thats my prerogative. i really dont see why the English are getting so upset about the Scottish referendum unless they have something to loose so please enlighten me what difference is it going to make to the rest of the UK if Scotland does become independent. or is it just plain bitterness that the high and mighty England is loosing yet another one of its pets.

yes Scotland will have a lot of work to do if it does win but according to the media we wont make it work unless we are part of the union which means to me that what they are trying to say is that 'you are costing the rest of the UK money to be in the union' well if thats the case then the rest of the union should be happy we are leaving as there should be more money for the rest of you.
Old 15-09-14, 12:38 AM   #250
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
lets face it the day to day content of the BBC is not the best now is it. i dont watch that much TV and when i do the only thing i watch that is on the BBC is Dr Who and Sherlock as the rest is mindless mass consumer visual tat.

i dont get this whole thing about it going to cost the Scottish public more for this and that as i have seen no hard evidence of such things, yes i might be blind to it being a Scotsman who will vote yes but thats my prerogative. i really dont see why the English are getting so upset about the Scottish referendum unless they have something to loose so please enlighten me what difference is it going to make to the rest of the UK if Scotland does become independent. or is it just plain bitterness that the high and mighty England is loosing yet another one of its pets.

yes Scotland will have a lot of work to do if it does win but according to the media we wont make it work unless we are part of the union which means to me that what they are trying to say is that 'you are costing the rest of the UK money to be in the union' well if thats the case then the rest of the union should be happy we are leaving as there should be more money for the rest of you.
You are asking some of the questions(confusion) I've got going round in my head....

Perhaps, I'd make another post tomorrow and see if it might be possible for folks(anyone) to educate me a bit more.

I've not read all the posts but a good and interesting read so far.
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote