SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-05-17, 10:26 AM   #11
bs8c

Default Re: 2009 fast idle

Hmm this is what I read. I haven`t checked the spark plug...but I`ll do that too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fast idle.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-17, 04:07 PM   #12
Red ones
Mega Poster

The thread title suggests you have a K9 in which case you are surely looking at the wrong manual?
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 05:17 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
The thread title suggests you have a K9 in which case you are surely looking at the wrong manual?
correct. you need the supplementary part of the manual for the twin sparks.

btw just to make it clear you do know that there are 4 spark plugs on your bike.

the twin spark bikes K7> are different to the earlier models as regards the engine and its management.

if you have fast idle on a twin spark K7> then chances are that you have a kinked breather/air feed hose somewhere, or your oil level is low. make sure that the hose running down beside the throttle body link rods is not fowling. also check your throttle cables for correct play and that the throttle 'snaps' back when let go. too tight throttle cables will let a twin spark rev higher at idle as the bike thinks that there is throttle applied.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 03:02 PM   #14
bs8c

I found about the supplementary part of the manual today..like 20 min ago.
I did spray some carb cleaner along some of the hoses near the throttle bodies..and I couldn`t find any leaks(tho I`m not sure where to spray...Not sure if it`s smart to spray on every hose there is)
The throttle cables are lose , the throttle snaps back when let go, there is also enough slack(even more than enough).
Next on my list is to check the STP sensor(not sure if I`m digging in the right place, but just a check wont do any harm).
Old 10-05-17, 07:50 PM   #15
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

What bike ? I am guessing SV but it would be helpful and make sure you get the right advice if you were specific about it ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 10:02 PM   #16
bs8c

Oh sorry fizzwheel, I thought since it`s sv forum I don`t have to mention it. It`s a SV650, 2009 with 13000 kilometers on it. It has BMC air filter, Sebring Twister exhaust slip on and..that`s it. I checked and calibrated the STP sensor( set it to the right voltage), checked the ICS for resistance and it`s ok. I checked the TPS sensor and set it to "open" at 2.5k rpm(since my bike idles at 2k i thought it might be ok). Checked for vacum leaks(tho I`m not really sure which ones to spray..I did spray on the 2 little ones that come from/to the airbox, as well as the bigger ones attached to the airbox.
Old 11-05-17, 08:58 AM   #17
bs8c

Ok..if i got this right, the fast idle is the one that helps the bike warm up when cold, right? That`s when the bike revs 500ish rpm more than it should be in order the bike to warm up and not to stall.
If that`s the case, it`s not the fast idle, because when I start the bike cold, it runs at 2.5k for couple of second and than lowers the rpm down to 2k(1.9 to be more precise)
Old 11-05-17, 01:48 PM   #18
Heorot

Could it be a fault with the sensor on the clutch lever? Always indicating that the clutch is held in?

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 02:27 PM   #19
bs8c

Doubt, if the switch was always on, I could be able to start the bike without pressing the clutch..I can`t. Also..pressing the clutch doesn`t add 500ish rpm
Old 11-05-17, 05:23 PM   #20
Red ones
Mega Poster

What was the tickover before you touched anything? Why did you move the main screw referred to in post #7?
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote