SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-07-12, 12:24 PM   #101
agy

Default Re: Improving comfort on the SV?

I've posted on some London riders fb pages but no one got back to me. I've been thinking maybe this bike really isn't for me??? Esp since the skid I just can't pull myself together. This bike reminds me of it and it's on my mind constantly. I now find myself paranoid even WALKING ON FOOT over wet manholes!!!! Every time I look at it I'm now scared. Even if I'm not on the bike and it's raining I can't get it out of my mind! Never used to have these issues before. On my little 125 I rode in the torrential rain every single day (remember when it was really bad for a few weeks in April) and never thought anything of it. I think I was an idiot to have bought this bike. Now I can't handle it and I'm constantly depressed. I should have got a 250 bike.....
Old 03-07-12, 12:59 PM   #102
Bibio
Mega Poster

you just need to overcome your fear.

everyone even the best of use have little moments and it's those moments that keep us in check.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 01:07 PM   #103
rictus01
Mega Poster

told you, get some time and we'll work on that, it's far from insurmountable, you're not the first to have these concerns (or the last), I think we talked through as much as we could, it now needs some practical application, I'll bet good money a couple of hours done right can make a world of difference.

I've done those calculations I just need an email address to send them to.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 01:22 PM   #104
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Agy what tyres have you got on the bike?

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 01:29 PM   #105
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Agy what tyres have you got on the bike?
dealt with Paul, she's got a new set of Storm ultra's on there.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-19, 02:47 PM   #106
Keeperman

I have a 2017 one, standard seat was awful and had that altered with gel etc. Knee ache but right for me and numb hand after about ten minutes. Sad to say I’m cutting my losses for something more comfy, ducati scrambler or adventure bike most likely. Shame I like the engine but can’t put up with the compromise any more. Also suspension is really rough over bad road and there are many in my county!
Old 22-04-19, 03:30 PM   #107
zsv650s

I can sympathise my old curvy sv650s was bloody awful until I put raised clip ons on it solved the majority of problems apart from it making me get leg cramp.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-19, 06:00 PM   #108
garynortheast
Mega Poster

We're all different. I have a curvy SY with standard seat and clip ons. I'm 6ft, and I've done a number of 400 - 500 mile days with no serious discomfort.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-19, 06:30 PM   #109
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperman View Post
I’m cutting my losses for something more comfy, ducati scrambler or adventure bike most likely. Shame I like the engine but can’t put up with the compromise any more. Also suspension is really rough over bad road and there are many in my county!
The obvious choice would be a V-strom.
Or maybe a Royal Enfield Interceptor instead of the Ducati Scrambler...?
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-19, 06:46 PM   #110
Keeperman

Good thoughts but I’m not a fan of the looks of the VStrom but will be giving one a go to see if the ride is any more forgiving on crap Kent roads. Read a lot about the Interceptor and might give one a go but I am in love with this he looks of the scrambler especially the 1100. Also looking at the CB1100RS and maybe a triumph or two. Good choice!