SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-04-19, 09:26 PM   #7221
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Looking at my dead Drift Ghost X camera again. I was hoping if I left it a while it would magically come back to life. It hasn't. And I've had no reply in two weeks beyond the initial cut'n'paste response from Drift. I don't think they'll be geting back to me. The more I try to find out what's wrong with it the more it just leads to lots of stories of similar problems of their cameras just dying for no reason. £130 plus the extras I've invested in down the drain. Not impressed with Drift at all.

Edit: Minor grip I know compared to the horrors of the world (as LPH mentioned above) that people are going through.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 21-04-19 at 09:28 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-19, 10:52 AM   #7222
pookie

people who expect you to read their minds and then suggest its your fault for not understanding why situations unfold. Logic dictates every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Unfortunately, they insist on bringing you down to their level and beat you with their stupidity
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 12:05 PM   #7223
maviczap
Mega Poster

As usual, after travelling in a confined space with other humans, I've managed to pick up a bug. Probably on the outward flight last week, when another human was coughing & spluttering away.

Not so bad its laid me up in bed, but enough to make me feel crap on the last day before the weather turns carp again. Plus I have to go into work & give a presentation, so I'm not at my best
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 04:05 PM   #7224
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
As usual, after travelling in a confined space with other humans, I've managed to pick up a bug. Probably on the outward flight last week, when another human was coughing & spluttering away.

Not so bad its laid me up in bed, but enough to make me feel crap on the last day before the weather turns carp again. Plus I have to go into work & give a presentation, so I'm not at my best
When you find out how many times the air is passed around the cabin in an aircraft it scares the living daylights out of you - very little fresh air makes its way into the cabin during a flight, and your have to worry about engine fumes as well - and the cabin air gets very dry, which drys your mucus membranes ( sinus etc) and leaves you well open to be the host / venue of a bug party... I used to regularly fly Sydney - LA or SF and than on to East coast ( business ) 14 hours non-stop and then change planes for another 5 or 6 hours - I used to pick up all sorts of maladies even though I drank all the water I could get my hands on... Ah, happy days ( bl*0dy glad I don't do travel like that any more ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 04:10 PM   #7225
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
When you find out how many times the air is passed around the cabin in an aircraft it scares the living daylights out of you - very little fresh air makes its way into the cabin during a flight, and your have to worry about engine fumes as well - and the cabin air gets very dry, which drys your mucus membranes ( sinus etc) and leaves you well open to be the host / venue of a bug party... I used to regularly fly Sydney - LA or SF and than on to East coast ( business ) 14 hours non-stop and then change planes for another 5 or 6 hours - I used to pick up all sorts of maladies even though I drank all the water I could get my hands on... Ah, happy days ( bl*0dy glad I don't do travel like that any more ).
Indeed, same for me when I travel on the Euro Star, I always pick up some bug
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 05:50 PM   #7226
SV650rules
Mega Poster

The latest roadside plant in our area is oilseed Rape ( Canola ) - every road I have driven along in the last week or so is lined with the blooming ( LOL ) things, originally seeds dropping off tractors to start with then every time the weeds flower traffic blows the seeds along the road. Pretty soon every road in the UK will be lined with the yellow weeds. The more yellow fields I see the worse my hayfever seems to get....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 25-04-19, 09:19 AM   #7227
embee
Mega Poster

Yep, it's becoming very noticeable round here too. This year there seems to be much more along the roads than I ever remember.
Old 25-04-19, 10:14 AM   #7228
punyXpress
Mega Poster

. . . and the oil produced by vehicles crushing the seeds makes an ideal lubricant for the Queen's Highway !
Old 25-04-19, 04:24 PM   #7229
shiftin_gear98

Just found out what it's like when your chain snaps the wrong side of 70 mph. Thankfully I still have both feet.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 04:34 PM   #7230
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Just found out what it's like when your chain snaps the wrong side of 70 mph. Thankfully I still have both feet.
Nasty, how old was the chain ?