SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-14, 03:12 PM   #11
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Is this a wart?

OK I'm off fish like forever
Old 29-09-14, 03:30 PM   #12
atassiedevil

Duct tape is a good killer of all things wart related, the chemicals in the bonding compound work extremely well for this.
Old 29-09-14, 05:24 PM   #13
Fruity-ya-ya

You could always do what my Dad did when I was a teenager although I accept no responsibility if you are loony enough to try it.

Having got a wart on the palm of my hand, as a kid I had already hacked at it with a variety sharp implements found around the house & in my school pencil-case (e.g point of a compass, craft knife, scissors) but it wouldn't go.

I asked my Dad "is there anything that will get rid of this?".

Now I'm sure most parents would go to the chemist or even consult the elders for a poultice of some kind but my Dad is a big believer tools.

"Hold on Son, I have an idea" and off he went into the garage only to emerge moments later with a huge box of allen keys. He then offered them up to the wart finding the right size before heating it up on the gas hob.

It was glowing hot and he was holding it with pliers "hold very still".

To my surprise and delight, it didn't hurt at all and i was left with a neat hexagonal well in my palm although the kitchen did smell of burning flesh.

It never came back, it didn't dare to.
Old 29-09-14, 05:43 PM   #14
Spank86

Told you, kill it with fire.
Old 08-11-14, 02:53 PM   #15
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Have you fixed it?
If not, google " pickel hund "
Old 08-11-14, 04:28 PM   #16
Mark_h
Mega Poster

My wife and son had a couple of warts. All sorts of magic potions from the chemist over several months/years did nothing other than turn them white and make a weird smell. Got a tip which we didn't believe but worked perfectly for them both.

Dandelion milk. The white stuff you get when you break the stem or leaf of a dandelion. Drips some on each day for a week or so. I'll turn black then disappear. No idea why but worked perfectly on both of them. Also costs nothing.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 04:46 PM   #17
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
My wife and son had a couple of warts. All sorts of magic potions from the chemist over several months/years did nothing other than turn them white and make a weird smell. Got a tip which we didn't believe but worked perfectly for them both.

Dandelion milk. The white stuff you get when you break the stem or leaf of a dandelion. Drips some on each day for a week or so. I'll turn black then disappear. No idea why but worked perfectly on both of them. Also costs nothing.
+1 on this remedy, my old wife told me years ago

Ps, sweet thistle and chickweed milk works too.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 05:59 PM   #18
Bluepete
Mega Poster

To the park!

(dark and raining outside)

Tomorrow!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 08:40 AM   #19
Doinitmyway

The couple of times I got a wart on a finger all I used to do was cover the head liberally with superglue! Keep reapplying as it gets smaller. When that goes rock hard it stops the air getting to it. Never failed.
92 RG80 (x2!)
89 AR125 - 89 RG125
75 CB200
Doinitmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 08:45 AM   #20
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Covering yourself in Dandelion juice should also make you attractive to small domestic pets such as rabbits and guineapigs. Could massively improve your local stats around the recovery of lost pets while undergoing treatment. BP - Pet Detective. Front page on the local rag before the week's out.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote