SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-04-13, 10:13 AM   #11
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Local biker dies in Southend aged 21.

I know that road, if it's near Waitrose. Easy to assume speed was a factor by non bikers but at the moment the roads are covered in all sorts of grit, gravel and other muck, plus it was icy last night.

I also read that a police motorcyclist died on a routine patrol down south this week near a petrol station. No details given but the one thing the police warn you of is diesel spills near petrol stations and people pulling out of them without looking (there was a car involved it said on the news). You can bet the police rider wasn't speeding or riding without due care and attention.

Always sad to read things like this.
Old 04-04-13, 11:15 AM   #12
NTECUK
Mega Poster

There was a young kid last year died along the Cressing road. Hit a telegraph pole if he just pased it he'd have been shoot up grazed probly ???
.He had been out with friends earlier. had a600 for 4 years so experienced .Its a 40 limit and the road surface is rubbish . Its even worse this year after winter You can spin up the car in 4th.
Just be careful out there with all the road salt going on No hard rain to wash the oil away.
Old 04-04-13, 04:00 PM   #13
disco2

Very sad this read about it on fb yesterday im sure his passenger will be able to tell the police what happened
Thoughts go out to the young lads family..
Old 04-04-13, 04:21 PM   #14
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
There was a young kid last year died along the Cressing road. Hit a telegraph pole if he just pased it he'd have been shoot up grazed probly ???
.He had been out with friends earlier. had a600 for 4 years so experienced .Its a 40 limit and the road surface is rubbish . Its even worse this year after winter You can spin up the car in 4th.
Just be careful out there with all the road salt going on No hard rain to wash the oil away.
The Cressing road is a bit evil though. It's twisty and the road surface is terrible. I used to travel along it a lot in my Golf when I was repping in that area - I had a girlfriend in Braintree and a customer in Witham so often used to be along there first thing in the morning or early evening.
Old 04-04-13, 04:54 PM   #15
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The 1018 needs fixing lozzo .
But the Road Dave had his accident is newly layed .
You could easy do more than the 30 mph by mistake just by its layout .
Old 04-04-13, 07:36 PM   #16
sorebutt

Always saddened to see another biker lose their life. Another, in Southampton yesterday, a police officer on an unmarked bike was killed whilst on duty - not on a shout and not in pursuit. A silver BMW pulled out of a garage and was hit by the bike on the rear offside with such force that the car was spun round 180 degrees in the road coming to rest across the centre of the road, the bike travelled on around 10-20 metres. The rider was ponounced DOA at the hospital.
Old 04-04-13, 07:56 PM   #17
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

That's the one I mentioned.
Old 04-04-13, 08:41 PM   #18
Fallout
Mega Poster

RIP. Probably target fixation if a lamppost was involved. If there is a lesson to be learned its to never look at roadside obstacles. If you feel you're going in to hot, force yourself to look round the bend no matter what. Easier said than done sometimes, but the more you practice the less chance of target fixation. If you look at a lamppost when you're losing control, you're gonna hit it!
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 09:31 PM   #19
rb8989

It's sad for sure. Personally I think the road is so wide and well surfaced it is tempting to go fast, but that's more about self control.

I haven't returned to the road yet but wonder what part of the road it happened. I guess the pillion will share the story. A few friends are questioning if they should still ride bikes, but I think as Tim said it's just a sad fact of life that some people will die doing what they love.
Old 04-04-13, 11:02 PM   #20
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Local biker dies in Southend aged 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
Always saddened to see another biker lose their life. Another, in Southampton yesterday, a police officer on an unmarked bike was killed whilst on duty - not on a shout and not in pursuit. A silver BMW pulled out of a garage and was hit by the bike on the rear offside with such force that the car was spun round 180 degrees in the road coming to rest across the centre of the road, the bike travelled on around 10-20 metres. The rider was ponounced DOA at the hospital.
I know that petrol station and stretch of road, it's another of those places where you know something might happen one day, fast road, reduced visibility for both emerging motorists and oncoming traffic. There is even a central barrier to stop traffic crossing the carriageway as they exit the petrol station, but still some manoeuvre around it. Very sad outcome.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote