SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-06-15, 06:22 AM   #11
missyburd

Default Re: Trip to Scotland.

Anywhere near Ullapool is stunning, I did the Durness road to JOG a couple of years ago, unbelievably beautiful on the bike. JOG very disappointing though as others have repeatedly mentioned, I think there's a prettier spot before you get to it, Dunnet Head, which is an RSPB reserve too and is technically the most northerly point in the UK rather than JOG anyway https://goo.gl/maps/bMihX I'll be going there instead next time!

The back route to Applecross is not to be missed out on either, Bealach na Ba is brilliant but the route through Applecross and out the other side to Kalnakill is also brilliant.

Dammit, this thread just makes me want to be there again, have to get my annual Scottish fix soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFridge View Post
If you don't mind leaving the car for a few days, drive to Mallaig and get on the boat to Rum. Beautiful island, I stayed in the hostel attached to Kinloch Castle for a few nights in my twenties, brilliant walking there.
I've stayed there too, gorgeous place