SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-02-08, 11:30 PM   #1
Lozzo

Default Seeing your hard work destroyed

A couple of weeks ago one of my mates bought my old SV650 K3 from me. I'd rebuilt it from a crash damaged one, and made it into a really nice bike for its age and relatively high mileage (28K). Martin, the guy who bought it, is a notorious loony-tune, there isn't a bike he's owned that he hasn't either blown up or smashed to bits. Well he'd promised his missus that he'd go careful on this one becaus it's the newest bike he's owned in many years, and it was really tidy.

Today I got a phone call "Can you lend me the clutch lever from your crashed bike please, I'm in Kempston and mine's broken?" He said he'd tell me about it when I got there. So I jump in the car and when I got to him the bike was sporting a very bent radiator, a huge scuff up the freshly repainted fork leg and a scraped mudguard, as well as a totally snapped lever. Apparently he'd decided to get a bit road-ragey with White Van Man and ended up side-swipinging a car in an effort to escape. Luckily he managed to stay on, and a witness said the slow moving car just turned right to enter a car sales site without indicating. It looks like the driver of the car may have an insurance claim against him soon.

I'm still gutted about seeing a bike I put so many hours into getting perfect sitting there all scraped up and bent.
Old 04-02-08, 11:35 PM   #2
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Seeing your hard work destroyed

You're not having much luck with SV's recently are you Lozzo....maybe you should get a R6.
Old 04-02-08, 11:35 PM   #3
Keith1983

I can understand that ure gutted about the bike mate but its better to see the bike bent and scraped than your friend.
Old 05-02-08, 12:24 AM   #4
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1983 View Post
I can understand that ure gutted about the bike mate but its better to see the bike bent and scraped than your friend.
If that bike was still mine and on loan to him he'd have been more than scraped.
Old 05-02-08, 12:27 AM   #5
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
You're not having much luck with SV's recently are you Lozzo....maybe you should get a R6.
It'll be a very very strange day when I decide to buy an R6. I'd only ever own one as a trackbike, I can't stand riding them on the road.