SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-03-11, 08:56 AM   #1
Quedos

Default Wolf Whistling....

I had an interesting passing conversation with a female about the same age as me this morning.
Scraping the car (again) one of the local council workers wolf whistles from down the street in my direction.
Me i smile and laugh about it. This other female who's passing then goes into a rant about how its sexist and derogatory against women and that the men that exhibit that type of behaviour are just animals and should be caged yadda yadda yadda.
I should have told her that she shouldn't worry as it most definately was not for her! I was surprised at her reaction though minding her age

so lads - would you/do you wolf whistle and under what circumstances?
Gals - what do you think about being wolf whistled at?

Me - it doesn't bother me - it always raises a smile for me and I normal blow a kiss back at them. I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd rather have that than a group of guys nudging each other and whispering!
Old 02-03-11, 09:00 AM   #2
metalangel

Default Re: Wolf Whistling....

I might toot my horn at a group of rowdy girls on a slag do but that's about it (can't manage a loud enough whistle)
Old 02-03-11, 09:00 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Never done it, it's a cheesy builder/whitevanman type thing to do. Makes me cringe when I hear or see people doing it.

It's a specific type of person that usually does it.
Old 02-03-11, 09:00 AM   #4
keithd

You - pretty

Ranting woman - munter

end of discussion. Mods please lock thread
Old 02-03-11, 09:04 AM   #5
thedonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
I might toot my horn at a group of rowdy girls on a slag do but that's about it (can't manage a loud enough whistle)
You can get arrested for that sort of thing!

I agree with Quedos- it's a fricking compliment fergodssake!!!

Not a wolf-whistler-nt my style really... (and I'm not very good at whistling!!)
Old 02-03-11, 09:23 AM   #6
metalangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
You can get arrested for that sort of thing!

I agree with Quedos- it's a fricking compliment fergodssake!!!

Not a wolf-whistler-nt my style really... (and I'm not very good at whistling!!)
Yeah, it's better than some of the classy stuff that's been said to Mrs Metal in her travels. I think it's better than hooting or going 'WOoooooOOooo!', and certainly better than the guy who told her 'your tits look MASSIVE!'
Old 02-03-11, 09:34 AM   #7
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
You - pretty

Ranting woman - munter

Awesome as usual Keiffy!

Q, I'm in the same boat as you, I see it as a bit of light hearted banter. I get similar on a shift on a Friday and Saturday night. Again some women get all up tight and grumpy about it, I just laugh and say thanks! (Providing it is just banter and doesn't cross the "letchy" line!)
Old 02-03-11, 09:46 AM   #8
tom-k6

in fairness, would you rather a guy wolf whistles at you or just shouts down the road "OI! Fancy a quicky behind the bins?"

also, someone i know who works on a building site/roadworks near birmingham uni in selly oak, they have been told by the boss on site that if ANYONE is caught wolf whistling, they will be off-site before the shovel has even hit the floor. they now resort to giving girls the "thumbs up"
Old 02-03-11, 09:46 AM   #9
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
You - pretty

Ranting woman - munter

Old 02-03-11, 09:51 AM   #10
Owenski

Cant do the full whistle so I've never bothered but, i gotta agree with the majority on here. Its more pleasent than some of the things which could be shouted. ANd since when has it been a bad thing to be considered attaractive?
Quedos, sounds like your friends problem was that she also knew it wasnt for her, jelous much? - I think so.