SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-10, 09:28 PM   #61
hongman

Default Re: Bike Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I am running late , it`s key in , lock open , slide pin out , put lock back on the end of pin and chuck onto floor and leg it to work
Yep, I can see that happening with me a lot...
Old 07-07-10, 09:33 PM   #62
Pragma

Default Re: Bike Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
They aint pulling the head or the padlock through any part of the bike on my setup , it is also far easier and quicker for me to lock the bike up in the dead of Winter or piddling it down with Rain and in the dark (security lights don`t light up the wrong side of the bike). And when I need to get the heck out of my house in the morning and I am running late , it`s key in , lock open , slide pin out , put lock back on the end of pin and chuck onto floor and leg it to work
Cool. I just thought I ought to point out to people thinking about the idea that they need to be _sure_ it won't pull through. Some people, being normal right-thinking types, think: "No, they wouldn't pull that through as it'd damage the wiring". They can find out the hard way that thieves can be really uncaring in how they try to nick stuff - we've been on the painful end of that ourselves and it's no fun, even if nothing has been nicked.

Speed of locking/unlocking is surely an important part of usability.

Cheers,

Steve.