SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-06, 12:53 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default oh dear

Well the last of the turkey has gone in the bin. The last of the sausage/bacon etc has been eaten. There is a mountain of chocolate left, We has still got to get round to unwrapping the cheese in the fridge and the wallet is considerably lighter. Unfortunately that is all that is.

Well the nub of my problem is the ever increasing waistline. I had to go out on christmas eve and buy three pairs of trousers in size enormous, as my current wardrobe simply dont fit anymore. The wife stayed quiet as I also bought a new belt.

The reason being she had bought me one for christmas and it don't fit. Right. How do I loose weight /inches seriously with minimal effort and no reduction in food/beer intake?.
Old 28-12-06, 12:56 PM   #2
K

Default Re: oh dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
How do I loose weight /inches seriously with minimal effort and no reduction in food/beer intake?.
I think lyposuction is your only option - it satisfies your criteria of diet and effort (sit back and let hoover out the lard)...

... expensive though - but you didn't mention the impact to your wallet for weight loss.
Old 28-12-06, 01:01 PM   #3
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
I think lyposuction is your only option - it satisfies your criteria of diet and effort (sit back and let hoover out the lard)...

... expensive though - but you didn't mention the impact to your wallet for weight loss.
However, not many folks know that you can off-set the cost of liposuction by selling the removed material to the Dutch. They bottle it and sell it as Advocat
Old 28-12-06, 01:14 PM   #4
skint

[quote= How do I loose weight /inches seriously with minimal effort and no reduction in food/beer intake?.[/quote]

If anyone has an answer to that, that really works I'm afraid they are likely to charge you for it and have suddenly become a millionaire overnight!

My only suggestion is that you come to terms with reality; you could start exercising at low level but for extended periods e.g. min 30 min sessions 3x a week, keeping your heart rate low (body burns fat quicker at that rate); eat a sensible balanced low fat diet and reduce the beer intake . Ok, ok stupid ideas...

...time to accept that you are gonna forever be a fat b*st**d like the rest of us
Old 28-12-06, 01:17 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
The reason being she had bought me one for christmas and it don't fit. Right. How do I loose weight /inches seriously with minimal effort and no reduction in food/beer intake?.
In simple terms Mr W, youre not. It will take some effort, and decrease in food intake. You need to eat the right foods to start with, drink less beer and do even light exercise.

Dont eat after 7.30/8pm at night, cut down on your complex carb intake (Bread, potatos, pasta etc) If you work in a building that you take the lift in, take the stairs. Drink more water, and dont snack.

Thats about as little as you can do.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 01:22 PM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

I don't know, I've a sure fire way of loosing a couple of stone
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 01:25 PM   #7
Bear

Chop off your leg.
Old 28-12-06, 04:19 PM   #8
scooby2102

Quote:
However, not many folks know that you can off-set the cost of liposuction by selling the removed material to the Dutch. They bottle it and sell it as Advocat
OMG
Old 28-12-06, 04:24 PM   #9
netsurfer

Saw a trailer for this on ITV - works for some ppl with cigarettes so I cant see why it wont work for us fatties:

http://www.paulmckenna.com/file/30/w...ss-events.html

Pete
Old 28-12-06, 04:26 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

A girdle?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote