Default AR 12 - Information

AR 12

The Huntsman & Hounds
Althorne
Essex

Friday 8th
to
Sunday 10th June

The pub's website can be found HERE if you'd like to take a look.

This a very basic thread at the moment, further details (cost, food arrangements, etc) will be posted as we get them - although being nearly Xmas I don't think we'll have much in the way of updates until into the New Year.

Old 17-02-12, 06:24 PM   #2
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR 12 - Information

More details......

Camping at The Huntsman and Hounds, for the duration of the AR, will be £5 per person per night - no charge for children or dogs.

If you want to stay extra nights, that is either the Thursday before or the Sunday after, reasonable rates can be negotiated, just let me know.

If you don't want to camp there is a reasonable small hotel about 2 miles away, where one or two people stayed in 2009.
http://www.crouchvalley.com/BOC/serv...h_valley_hotel

There are many other B & B's close by. I won't list them all, as I'm sure you can use Google as well as I can, but I'll go and check one or two out for you if you find one and you want to know more.

Friday - arrival (for most people), set up living quarters and get to know each other, or remind old friends why we like them! There will be no organised food on this evening, but the pub does do lovely food to order. If you want a take away, there are all the usual suspects with a couple of miles. Last time at least one Orger did a fish and chip run for several. This I can recommend as we're on the coast so the fish is as fresh as you could want. You are, of course, welcome to cook your own food on the field.
Saturday - get up, shower if desired, grab a brekkie bun (will be provided by the pub at a small cost) and a good brew then muster on the ample parking space at the front of the pub at 9.45 a.m. for 'The Briefing'. I believe this will take a slightly different form to the one experienced on AR09 !
We will return from the ride at around 5 O'clock, where full R & R can commence. Optional BBQ at £5 per head.

I'll leave this thread closed to keep things clear so please post any questions in the 'Questions's thread. I'll also start a 'Who's attending?' thread so you see who will be there as well.

The ONLY way is ESSEX!!!!!!!

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 04-06-12 at 10:10 AM.
Closed Thread