SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-01-08, 07:29 AM   #1
pupdog123

Default Removal of Standard indicators

I keep havin the mick taken out of me by my mates for still havin the standard indicators on my 650 s k6, what is the general feeling about removing them and if I take off the back ones is it ideal to replace the front ones aswell? I have an R&G Tail Tidy so would it be best to try ang get R&G indicators( if they do them)? Any help would be gratefully appreciated, cheers peeps. Remus going on tomorrow can't wait!!!!!!
Old 24-01-08, 11:22 AM   #2
Al_Sweetman

Default Re: Removal of Standard indicators

I've stripped mine off and got some (less clunky) Oxford ones - decided not to go down the LED route, but I tink that they make the bike look a lot better.

Easy to do, but I've ended up using chop-block for the connectors as opposed to anything else, purely for the ease of replacing them when cars run into you and smash them

The biggest thing is remembering to get the right 'blanking' plates to fit the holes left in the fairing/bodywork, as the SV indies are weird....
Old 24-01-08, 12:33 PM   #3
aarond

Easy to do and makes the bike look nicer i took mine off and got some R1( i think) flush mount led indicators as they fit in the fairing. What i did was take my fairing into Hein Geriche and see which ones fitted!!!
Old 24-01-08, 01:10 PM   #4
ASM-Forever

I imagine your rear indicators look pretty terrible with the R&G tail-tidy. They are not really designed to go with it and on my bike, won't even fit. Therefore IMO switch over the rear ones.

Personally i have kept my front ones standard, as they are a lot more visible than flush mounted. They might not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it least people see them.
Old 24-01-08, 01:33 PM   #5
FG1

I replaced mine with smaller ones from HG.
They are a diamond(ish) shape and are brighter than standard ones. They are only a fiver each and are not LED so blinker rate is not affected.
I think that they suit the shape of the pointy quite well.
This isn't the best picture to show them but it does show that they blend in well with the bike. I will get a closer piccy later if you want.

Last edited by FG1; 24-01-08 at 01:37 PM.
Old 24-01-08, 04:12 PM   #6
ntorrens

I had recently bought a set of rear blinkers from R&G to replace a pair of motorax type that were on the '02 SV650 when I bought it. Their metal backed instead of black plastic and look well but not worth the £28 that I paid! To make matters worse, they flash faster, making me think their not working, even if I fit the R&G resistors that came with the lights. I don't believe the motorax one needed the resistors. Paying more does not mean better!

If anyone has any ideas, can you let me know before I go an spend another £15?

Cheers,
'The arm signaller'
Old 24-01-08, 06:21 PM   #7
Sean_C

Do the rear indicators come off of a standard curvy easy enough?
I know how to change the front ones, but it'd look naff if I still had the ugly ones on the back. Don't want to go down the tail tidy route just yet.
Old 24-01-08, 06:27 PM   #8
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Standard indicators Rock!

They are so bendy they never break - tell your mates to "screw you I'm going home!"

(They above only applies to Pointies - Curvy std ones are trully dog ugly!)
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-08, 07:13 PM   #9
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Standard indicators Rock!

They are so bendy they never break - tell your mates to "screw you I'm going home!"

(They above only applies to Pointies - Curvy std ones are trully dog ugly!)
+1 they act like little crash bungs. I droped my bike and the only damage was a broken rhs indicator, not a single mark on the fairing. could have been alot worse. after that i decided any asthetiacal advantages didnt out weigh the benifits of keeping them on!

but if you do it properly and fill in the hole left behind a nice set of dimond indis look really nice.
Old 24-01-08, 10:53 PM   #10
pupdog123

think i will have a look in HG (thanks furry ginger one) if not probably stay with the standard as it all seems a bit to complicated to me, thanks for all your feedback.