SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 11-05-09, 11:56 AM   #1
Raf

Default Good Alpine Star dealer in London

Good afternoon. I am trying to get hold of some Alpine Star Air-Flo stuff (or similar) for summer riding and I am a spot of bother trying to find someone that actually stocks them. J&S new malden are useless, I haven't tried infinity and all the hein-gericke shops I've been to only sell 2-piece or 1-piece leathers.

Now, I wouldn't mind buying of the internet but I want to actually try the jacket & trousers before parting with my hard earned cash.

Does anyone know a good bike gear* shop that stocks this stuff?

* Excluding ShopAddict's GirlBike2 shop. Which although good, I don't believe stocks things for ugly mugs like myself.
Old 11-05-09, 12:02 PM   #2
Davies

Default Re: Good Alpine Star dealer in London

I know that Infinity Chelsea used to stock loads of Alpinestars stuff, but they have now closed down. The bloke who ran the place now works at Infinity Great Portland Street and he's really good at sourcing stuff. If you drop in there he's the tall ginger Auzzie. Give them a buzz.
Old 11-05-09, 12:52 PM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I know that Infinity Chelsea used to stock loads of Alpinestars stuff, but they have now closed down. The bloke who ran the place now works at Infinity Great Portland Street and he's really good at sourcing stuff. If you drop in there he's the tall ginger Auzzie. Give them a buzz.
+1 on Infinity Gt Portland St....

However she may not Stock it, but I am sure if you tell her what you want and what size, Jo could get it

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 01:07 PM   #4
benp1

what about Sondel?
Old 11-05-09, 01:08 PM   #5
benp1

http://www.sondel.co.uk/
Old 11-05-09, 01:14 PM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

BTW we dont need new AlpineStarHero - he just changed his name for a joke then went off on holiday :@)

Old 11-05-09, 02:00 PM   #7
JediGoat

Raf

I could get it, but as I cannot send it back, it would mean you commiting to buy it before trying it.

I've heard a few people say that they are finding it hard to get hold of alpinestar stuff atm. To be honest, times are really hard, and most dealers can only afford to get stock in that they know will sell before it is time to pay for it.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a habit at the moment of customers saying how much they value being able to try the stuff on first...then (after you've ordered it in for them) they go away and look to buy it cheaper online. It leaves people like me stuck with stock I don't want, so I have to be strict about special orders.

The way things are going, more and more shops will close down, and then the thing people value (i.e. being able to walk into a shop to try the stuff on before you buy) will start to disappear.

Oh! Listen to me moaning

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 02:08 PM   #8
Raf

Well, I've learned that for this kind of stuff it's buy it when you actually find it & it fits at a reasonable price. The few times I went only for stuff is when they had boots & gloves that were my size but were something like bright red or blue.

And I completely understand your position about buying stuff you can actually sell. The problem I had is that I tried an A* ACR Air-Flo jacket a long time ago and I couldn't zip it up when I was also wearing the jumper I use as my emergency jumper. Hence my need to actually try a Jacket & Trousers before parting with cash.
Old 11-05-09, 02:12 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop_addict View Post
Raf

I could get it, but as I cannot send it back, it would mean you commiting to buy it before trying it.

I've heard a few people say that they are finding it hard to get hold of alpinestar stuff atm. To be honest, times are really hard, and most dealers can only afford to get stock in that they know will sell before it is time to pay for it.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a habit at the moment of customers saying how much they value being able to try the stuff on first...then (after you've ordered it in for them) they go away and look to buy it cheaper online. It leaves people like me stuck with stock I don't want, so I have to be strict about special orders.

The way things are going, more and more shops will close down, and then the thing people value (i.e. being able to walk into a shop to try the stuff on before you buy) will start to disappear.

Oh! Listen to me moaning

Jo
in other words, go to Inifinity/Sondel/Wherever then once you are sure you want it, get Jo to order it and dont worry about getting it £5 from somewhere online

Old 11-05-09, 02:27 PM   #10
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop_addict View Post
Oh! Listen to me moaning
I'm not in London or a shop owner but people who do this really annoy me. I mean try in shops then buy online. Not moaning. Moaning is fine

Its not even just the lack of common decency - its the lack of common sense. If everyone does it, then of course the local shop will close.

Just my 2 penneth *goes back to sit in the corner quietly*