SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-02-14, 10:18 PM   #61
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Hmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140216_221538.jpg (112.7 KB, 0 views)

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-14, 10:30 PM   #62
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
I know. They should do it for real.
lol

And it was okay for Top Gear to pretend blowing up a car with Clarkson in it....ain't we humans a funny bunch...
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us

Last edited by 21QUEST; 16-02-14 at 10:32 PM.
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-14, 02:08 AM   #63
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs DJ Fridge View Post
What it actually made me think of was the old Not The Nine O'clock News sketch with the Trucking song, where they got different points for everything they ran over. I believe the song went "I like trucking, I like trucking and I like to truck, I like trucking, I like trucking and if you don't like trucking tough luck" I am sure someone can find a link to it.
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Old 17-02-14, 06:23 AM   #64
Specialone

Thought last nights episode was a bit crap tbh, worse one I've seen in a long time.
Old 17-02-14, 06:25 AM   #65
longeatonlad

agreed, last nights was a bit pants..
Old 17-02-14, 06:29 AM   #66
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

If they'd thrown James Blunt out of a window and in front of a truck for real they'd have done the world a favour.
Old 17-02-14, 06:41 AM   #67
Specialone

I actually like James Blunt, can't stand his music but he's got a great attitude and a good sense of humour, I'd rather they threw clarkson out the window.
Old 17-02-14, 12:25 PM   #68
SvNewbie

They where properly ringing that little Fiesta's neck around that nice road. So much so that I wondered whether they had a tame stunt man doing the driving. Looked fun though.

Other than that it was pretty crap. Having a guy on twice that isn't even remotely interested in cars seems silly.

Bit with Chernobyl was pants, though I did like the concept of trying to maximise fuel consumption. I wondered if there was some reason Hammond couldn't / wouldn't go there though. Related to his crash? Or desire to remain fertile?
Old 17-02-14, 01:02 PM   #69
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
They where properly ringing that little Fiesta's neck around that nice road. So much so that I wondered whether they had a tame stunt man doing the driving. Looked fun though.
They have stuntmen and racing drivers do a lot of the driving for them. It's not just the bits with the Stig. Probably makes the insurance cheaper for the BBC. They just edit in bits of the presenters in the car. The BBC put out a cleverly worded statement when this came to light to say that the presenters are driving in all the clips where you see them driving. But for lots of the footage you cannot identify the driver so that means that for the 'pick up' shots as they are called, it can be a pro.
Old 19-02-14, 02:06 PM   #70
rowdy

While talking to my dad about the program my son come out with "yeh you can get a coach trip to Chernobyl"
Oh how my dad and I proceeded to nearly p!ss our pants with that piece of comedy gold, even went so far as to call him a Pratt.

Then I went on the Internet . . . Apparently you can go on a Chernobyl coach tour . . . I take it back son!
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote