Goto WSB Website

Old 25-04-07, 12:53 PM   #1
weazelz

Default BSB - Silverstone - 29th April - Chat Here, May Contain Spoilers

anyone going? DanF & I are
Old 25-04-07, 01:39 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: BSB - Silverstone - 29th April - Chat Here, May Contain Spoilers

No but i'll be cheering on Walker and Camier and Rea from the comfort of my sofa

Matt
Old 25-04-07, 04:41 PM   #3
MR UKI (1)

Yeah, i'm going. Not been to BSB at Silverstone before, but been to the F1 GP. Where's the best place(s) to watch bikes at Silverstone?
Old 25-04-07, 05:59 PM   #4
Jelster

I'll be there. Silverstone is a great excuse to get the bike out

Old 25-04-07, 07:32 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) View Post
Yeah, i'm going. Not been to BSB at Silverstone before, but been to the F1 GP. Where's the best place(s) to watch bikes at Silverstone?
From what I've seen on the TV, probably the complex towards the end of the lap, where they come down the hill round the fast right hander and then brake hard as they flick to the left?

If i was going, thats where I'd watch

Matt
Old 25-04-07, 07:44 PM   #6
Essex of Essex

I'm off so I shall be along to enjoy the racing and soaking up the atmosphere. You see more racing on the box, but you can't beat the real thing.
Essex of Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-07, 09:18 PM   #7
Jdubya

Naah...I wont be at silverstone(I have an exam next week) but I will almost definately be at Oulton Park for the bank holiday monday...
Old 26-04-07, 07:41 AM   #8
Alpinestarhero

Exam? What for?

I was rather hoping to go to WSBK at silverstone, but exams are in the way for me this year. Shame, would make a nice birthday present!

Matt
Old 26-04-07, 07:48 AM   #9
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex of Essex View Post
I'm off so I shall be along to enjoy the racing and soaking up the atmosphere. You see more racing on the box, but you can't beat the real thing.
Seconded; the atmosphere trackside is better than what you get in the living room! Hearing the cheers for walker as he defended himself valiently on that sliding suzuki at brands makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. My favorite time at brands was when it was WSBK, Hodgson vs Bostrum (i think in 2001?). They where fighting like cat and dog, new elader every corner. One lap, hodgson tried a brave - brave - move on bostrum going into what was then Dingle Dell Chicane. We spectators at paddock hill watched it all on the big screen opposite, with me shouting at the top of my voice "Hodgo at dingle dell! No way! No way! No way!" the camera was onboard at this time, we didnt know whether hodgson got through or not. When he hit that apex, and Bostrum didnt pop back in front, i cried "Yes way! Hodgo on bostrum at dingle dell!!!" With the whole of paddock hill's cheering ringing in my ears!!!! A moment I'll never forget.

And in 1999, my first WSBK event. Foggy on his superpole lap was down at the first split, down at the second. Boy did he put in a fast last split! He came over the line, and the commentator shouted "Pole!!!" and the place went nuts, I went nuts, foggy went nuts. That was a great moment too.

Matt
Old 26-04-07, 07:00 PM   #10
Topcat

The sun will be shinning , the A413 beckons (it'll be empty and i'll not be.... er hanging about ), the racing will be fast , furious and close me thinks , of course i'll be there