SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-10-11, 08:26 AM   #1
Stenno

Default Dropped it

So I did my second track on Friday, this time at Rockingham, and managed to drop my bike just before lunch. I think I ran too wide and caught a rumble strip with my back wheel. I remember thinking 'noooooooo' but a lot of the event is quite hazy. I remember getting up and walking over to the grass before collapsing again.

So face planted a bit. Finished with a sore neck and ribs. Right hip is bruised nicely and my hips in general hurt enough when walking. I've some grazing on my right forearm under the leathers and to my hand. Glove split slightly which isn't a good sign. Lid needs replacing obviously.

Everyone was lovely I have to say. The medics were great. A couple of riders took my bike and washed all the brake fluid off of the front end. A gentleman named Tom gave me a lift home in his van. A gent named Michal took my bike back in his van. Everyone was so warm and helpful, I was blessed to meet such people.

Only slight worry was I rented a van to pick my bike up from Michal a few miles away but he wasn't returning any of my calls on when was best to pop over. I spent the rest of the weekend thinking maybe my bike was being broken down into bits!
Eventually I drove over to his address and it turned out his mobile phone had been stolen Friday night whilst partying!

So I've a few repairs to make to get my bike up and running again. I'll post again when I've surveyed the damage better. For now I have to deal with a couple of shifts at work on light duties, popping ibuprofen and healing up!

Cheers.
Old 10-10-11, 09:43 AM   #2
Owenski

Default Re: Dropped it

Thats not a drop pal thats a low side and a nasty sounding one too,
glad you're ok and had decent folk on hand to help you out.
Old 10-10-11, 10:16 AM   #3
The Idle Biker

You'll heal, I hope the front end on the Bikes OK.
Old 10-10-11, 11:38 AM   #4
AndyBrad

ouch, hope you mend ok!
Old 10-10-11, 02:25 PM   #5
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
+1, I've dropped my bike a few times and I don't end up with a visor scratched up like that!

Could always be worse though, and the bike can be fixed. At least you're reasonably ok.
Old 10-10-11, 03:27 PM   #6
injury_ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
glad you're ok and had decent folk on hand to help you out.

I recon it was a highside, even tho Stenno doesn't know where he came off, witnesses say it was a left hand hairpin, and hes flipped the bike onto its right hand side...

£50 will see it on the road again... minus the lid!
Old 10-10-11, 09:55 PM   #7
Stenno

Apparently the guy who gave me a lift home had a camera onboard showing the aftermath. I'll post it as soon as he sends it my way!
Old 11-10-11, 02:29 AM   #8
BanannaMan

Glad you are not banged up too bad.
Hope you and the bike are back on the road again soon.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 03:15 AM   #9
Stenno

Cheers for all the good will comments! I hope to get her back on the road asap as I have a Bike Safe course at the end of the month!
Old 11-10-11, 12:42 PM   #10
tweakedtay

Woof. Bad whipe out. Glad there were people there who actually cared anough about their fellow man to help you out! Too rare these days.....
Hope your feeling better, bruises suck.