SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 24-09-07, 05:36 PM   #31
Stig

Default Re: Thames Valley Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Like i said, i seem to remember it being a point BigApe made! Assuming I'm remembering correctly I'm sure he will explain.

Talking of the ape where is he? The Sunday ride-out thread hasn't been moved yet and his general air of oppression isn't around
Some of us actually work for a living you know.

Yes, I would like (but of course the ultimate choice is a democratic one) to have a centrally located dedicated meeting place on Tuesdays.

We can however, on occasions, change the venue and even the day of the week, to accommodate such things as bike night at Fox's diner.
Old 24-09-07, 06:19 PM   #32
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Some of us actually work for a living you know.

Yes, I would like (but of course the ultimate choice is a democratic one) to have a centrally located dedicated meeting place on Tuesdays.

We can however, on occasions, change the venue and even the day of the week, to accommodate such things as bike night at Fox's diner.
Sounds like you need a deputy to take some of the pressure off....i know the perfect candidate...an all action hero type...a one man sex whirlwind.
Old 24-09-07, 06:25 PM   #33
StreetHawk

Quote:
Sounds like you need a deputy to take some of the pressure off....i know the perfect candidate...an all action hero type...a one man sex whirlwind. With a gammy knee..
Old 24-09-07, 06:28 PM   #34
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Well im too modest to offer myself up, but its nice that you've thrown my lid into the ring!
Old 25-09-07, 09:21 AM   #35
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Sounds like you need a deputy to take some of the pressure off....i know the perfect candidate...an all action hero type...a one man sex whirlwind.
It is soo kind of you to put me forward for the duputy role ASM.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 12:28 PM   #36
fat_brstd

i dont really mind where we meet or on what day as long as i can eat and others show up.

edit: oh and that my bike is working as well

Last edited by fat_brstd; 26-09-07 at 12:35 PM.
Old 26-09-07, 04:20 PM   #37
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
edit: oh and that my bike is working as well
Old 03-10-07, 08:55 AM   #38
KnightRider
Mega Poster

A decision has been made, there is no turning back.

Our bi-weekly meets will now take place at the Shire Horse and we will not be rotating pubs anymore. We have also agreed that on the alternate weeks group members would be able to set up a pub meet in a location of their choice on an ad-hoc basis ie if someone wants to go to Fox's on a Monday then we are more than happy for them to arrange that themselves separeratly to the regular meets.

Jon

PS - I think the main reason we chose the Shire is because it is central to everyone and the food is spantastic.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 11:22 AM   #39
Warthog

The food was indeed good. I will scout around the eare to the north for a guest pub, but the Shire Horse suits fine so far.
Old 03-10-07, 08:16 PM   #40
Stig

So it's been decided Cool but I don't remember actually voting on it . I guess I must have done that bit subconsciously.

Have to say, don't quite understand what has been agreed. Every other Tuesday we meet at the Shire Horse, but a member of Thames Valley can vote a different location on an ad-hoc basis. Does this mean that come a Tuesday meet up day, I can then decide that the meeting is going to be in Newbury instead of the Shire Or does it mean that we can vote a different day as well as a different location

Hey, things at work have got extremely busy. Damn promotion means more work. So I'm tired and confused.

Was this decision made yesterday at the Shire