SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 12-07-11, 01:53 AM   #21
mike636

Default Re: riders4research Snetterton track day Friday 19th August 2011

a quick check on the money situation later in the month will determine wether i can make it... should be fine though..

2001 Kawasaki zx6r j2 race bike

Racing:
mikemace.co.uk
mike636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 10:19 AM   #22
sv robbo

Morning groovers, hope your week’s going ok, it’s Friday, yeehah!

Met up with the guys from Easy Track on Monday at Brands Hatch. With just under a month to go, space is filling up but we are not yet where we need to be to make the event a real success for Cancer Research UK. We’ve got flyers being dished out at upcoming track days & a few shameless plugs appearing in a few national publications & online this month, so hopefully we’ll fill spaces soon enough.

The best way to generate awareness of the event is word of mouth so I’m relying on you guys here. If you are (or know of anyone) thinking about booking up, please do so ASAP. Will put my mind at rest, lol, & last thing I want to be doing is turning riders from here away because we’re full.

Have a great weekend. Robbo.
Old 27-07-11, 07:45 PM   #23
dazbo

Is anyone in the Southampton area going to this who fancies sharing a rental van? I'm going up on the the Thursday night and have booked into a B&B. Currently I'm planning to ride there but it will be a looong ride home at the end of the day and a van would be so much more comfy....

PM me if you're interested.
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 11:54 AM   #24
sv robbo

Afternoon, hope ya all good & keeping well.

Just over one week to go, whoop whoop, god I’m excited, never done or been to Snetty before & can’t wait.

Looking at the bookings, to make the day a real success for Cancer Research, we could do with another 35 riders. I know it’s a lot to ask at this late stage but if you’re thinking of booking in please do & if you know of anyone else away from the forum that may fancy it, please please please plug away for me.

Yes, camping at the circuit is available. It’s free of charge but you must be there by midnight.

Here’s to a great day. If you see me, ugly guy with Alpinestars leathers on a white Tuono, make sure you come say hi.

I’ll be back with a final update on numbers before next Friday.

Chow for now, Robbo.
Old 15-08-11, 11:57 AM   #25
sv robbo

Right,

After 8 years with my current employer I have handed my notice in today as I start a new venture running my own Media Agency next month. Not sure if they will be keeping me on to work my months notice period yet or not, if not I will lose access to a phone & laptop for the duration of this week.

So, if I don't appear on here again before Friday, here's to a great day for a great cause, thanks again for all your support, I couldn't have put this in place without you.

For those staying at the Breckland Lodge (or those planning on stopping off for a drink or two) I’ll see you Thursday night. For those camping at the circuit or arriving on the day I’ll see you at the track early doors Friday morning!

Robbo.
Old 17-08-11, 11:39 AM   #26
sv robbo

Afternoon people.

Need 120 riders in total to make the day worthwhile, at last check we have 109 so need 11 more riders from somewhere?

As mentioned before, plenty of track time for all, great track, great company, great cause. If waiting to see the weather forecast before booking is putting you off, don't let it http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...16%202JU&day=2

See you all Friday, whoop whoop. Robbo.
Old 20-08-11, 04:53 PM   #27
dazbo

Great day yesterday and all in a good cause too.

First up big thanks to SVRobbo and the rest of the Tuonozone boys for your company for the day. A great bunch of guys.

Sad to see no other orgers there on this occasion. Maybe the timing was wrong for this one, too close to the AR and depleted coffers maybe? You missed a brilliant day anyway, beautifully sunny all day and what a great track to ride! My first visit to Snetterton and definitely won't be my last. Great mix of long straights fast and slow corners. One particularly brilliant fast left hander that got me my first ever knee down action , which of course the track photographer missed :-@
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 06:15 PM   #28
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbo View Post

First up big thanks to SVRobbo and the rest of the Tuonozone boys for your company for the day. A great bunch of guys.

Sad to see no other orgers there on this occasion. Maybe the timing was wrong for this one, too close to the AR and depleted coffers maybe? You missed a brilliant day anyway, beautifully sunny all day and what a great track to ride! My first visit to Snetterton and definitely won't be my last. Great mix of long straights fast and slow corners. One particularly brilliant fast left hander that got me my first ever knee down action , which of course the track photographer missed :-@
Glad you had a good day, the weather was perfect wasn't it?

I was working, so couldn't make it.

I know that left hander, I got my knee down too, and the photographer missed mine too.

Next time
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-11, 08:49 AM   #29
sv robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbo View Post

Pleasure mate. Great to meet you, thanks for your support & am glad you had fun. Your lucky I didn't ask you to leave after scratching the knee. No, not bitter or jealous at all
Old 22-08-11, 08:49 AM   #30
sv robbo

Well, what an absolutely fantastic day. I know changing the day from the Thursday to the Friday meant letting some people down but a blessing in disguise me thinks! Sun was shining all day, circuit was perfect, atmosphere electric, plenty of time on tack & not to many accidents.

Huge thanks to Marcus & the Easy Track crew, the event wouldn’t have been possible without you all. Meant to say this at the briefing but unusually for me, got stuck for words. Thanks to Stef & Claire of Tyres 4 Bikes for their donation & all those that partook in the raffle, hope the lucky winner enjoys their 3 free track days. The most important thanks though, goes to you guys, the riders as without out you it wouldn’t of happened. I tried to get around to say hello to all but proved tricky being everyone was out on track at different times. If I got to say hi, was a pleasure to meet you, if I didn’t, sorry but thanks so much for your support.

Not sure yet on the total amount raised as waiting for Marcus to finalise but from what I’ve heard, along with the raffle & other donations we shouldn’t be far off a £1000. Not bad for a day having fun clocking up the miles lap after lap eh!

Once again, thanks to all that got involved, hope you enjoyed. Until the next one. Robbo.